Gabrielle’s successful trial experience in a broad range of employment disputes including wage and hour, whistleblower, wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, and trade secret/noncompetition cases and her work with the corporate team on acquisitions and startups equip her to nimbly assess and provide legally compliant options, whether in the counseling or litigation defense role. She also represents employers before a wide variety of state and federal agencies including the EEOC, OFCCP, state human rights agencies, the Labor Commission, the Employment Development Department and OSHA.
Gabrielle is often requested to speak on a broad range of employment issues for a wide variety of corporate counsel and human resource organizations. She is a longstanding member of the Orange County Women’s Philanthropy Fund and an avid supporter of a variety of philanthropic causes in California and Montana. She is currently the head of the Southern California and Montana Labor & Employment departments at Dorsey.
Recent Employment Trials
- Defended employer against claims for wrongful termination, fraud, whistleblower claims, race discrimination, retaliation and breach of implied contract. Prevailed in a two-week jury trial on all claims except fraud which was ruled a mistrial due to plaintiff’s erroneous jury instruction.
- Defended employer in a pregnancy and sex discrimination claim and claim for breach of contract. Prevailed in a three-week jury trial on pregnancy and sex discrimination claim, plaintiff recovered six months' pay on contract claim.
- Court granted motion to strike class action allegations in this class action alleging violation of California’s meal and break regulations.
- Court denied plaintiffs’ motion for class certification in a manager/assistant manager misclassification class action. The individual claims settled on a favorable basis thereafter.
- Court granted motion to strike class action allegations alleging violations of California’s meal and rest break regulations.
- Obtained reversal of substantial assessments for employment taxes finding individuals to be employees instead of independent contractors.
- Obtained summary judgment on claims for wrongful termination in violation of public policy; invasion of privacy; sex and race discrimination.
- Obtained summary judgment against claims for wrongful termination in violation of public policy (whistleblowing), breach of implied contract and other claims.
- Obtained summary judgment in multi-plaintiff wage and hour, sex discrimination and whistleblower claims.
- Obtained summary judgment on claims of wrongful termination, sexual harassment, retaliation and breach of contract.
- Obtained summary judgments on claims of wrongful termination, retaliation, race discrimination and breach of contract.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, Staying Ahead: Leaves of Absence and Disability Accommodations – Navigating Sticky Scenarios from Medical Marijuana to “Emotional Support” Animals and More, Costa Mesa, CA, May 22, 2019
- Speaker, Salary History and Pay Equity, Professionals in Human Resources Association, La Jolla, CA, January 30, 2019
- Speaker, Salary History and Pay Equity, Professionals in Human Resources Association, Burbank, CA, January 22, 2019
- Speaker, Salary History and Pay Equity, Professionals in Human Resources Association, Riverside, CA, January 16, 2019
- Speaker, Salary History and Pay Equity, Professionals in Human Resources Association, Anaheim, CA, January 10, 2019
- 2014 Midwest Intellectual Property Institute: Employee Postings on Social Media: An Employment Lawyer’s Cautionary Tales for the IP Attorney. September 19, 2014
- Association for Corporate Growth: Employment Details Often Forgotten in Spin-Off Opportunities. August 7, 2014
- Minnesota Continuing Legal Education: Upper Midwest Employment Law Institute: New California Wage and Hour Challenges. May 20, 2014
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Cooperative Law
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Indian & Alaska Native
- Insurance Law
- Labor & Employment
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Oil & Gas
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2007-2022
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America Employment Law Issue, 2021
- Listed as a Southern California Super Lawyers Women’s Edition, 2021
- Listed as a Southern California Super Lawyer, 2010-2013 and 2017-2021
- Orange County Women in Business, Nominee, 2009-2013