BUSINESSES DEPEND ON DORSEY TO MAKE THEIR DEAL OBJECTIVES A REALITY.
An International Leader in M&A
From well-known multinationals expanding their global brands to family-owned businesses executing exit strategies, dealmakers choose Dorsey for innovation, quality and efficiency. It’s why Dorsey is a global leader in M&A—year after year. (See our rankings in the accolades section.)
Dorsey’s M&A Group has decades of experience successfully completing hundreds of deals and billions in worldwide transactions. With a solid understanding of transactions of all sizes and complexity, the 175+ members of Dorsey’s M&A Group help clients navigate and execute a full range of M&A deals that accomplish their strategic objectives.
Legal Counsel From a Business Perspective
Longstanding clients, repeat deal activity and consistent referrals attest to the value that Dorsey M&A attorneys bring to transactions. Clients count on Dorsey’s legal knowledge, industry focus and practical business judgment to take a truly successful deal from start to finish.
We counsel public and private companies of all sizes, financial sponsors, private equity firms and investment banks through a wide variety of deals. Our deal experience includes mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, corporate restructurings, recapitalizations, strategic partnerships, cross-border transactions, auctions and takeover defense.
- Dorsey & Whitney Counsels Liberty Latin America on its Acquisition of AT&T Operations in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Goldcorp and Newmont Combine to Form World’s Largest Gold Company
- Pacific Northwest Farmers Cooperative Combines with Cooperative Agricultural Producers
- Washington Capital Management Acquires Great Point Investors
- Land O’Lakes Acquires Vermont Creamery
Additional Representative Transactions
- Counsel to Hillerich & Bradsby, Co. in the sale of its global brand, sales and innovation rights to Wilson Sporting Goods
- Counsel to Ninebot Limited and its affiliates in its business combination with Segway Inc.
- Counsel to The Mosaic Company in its $1.4 billion purchase of the phosphate business from CF Industries, Inc.
- Counsel to Miller Milling Company in the $215 million purchase of four flours mills from Conagra and Cargill
- Counsel to Syngenta Seeds in connection with its acquisition of the full ownership of GreenLeaf Genetics, its former joint venture with DuPont
- Counsel to Tate & Lyle in the purchase of the business and assets of Winway Biotechnology Nantong Co. Ltd
- Counsel to Land O’Lakes in connection with the sale of its West Coast industrial cheese business to Saputo Cheese USA for $216 million
- Counsel to Orbotech Ltd. in the $370 million purchase of SPTS Technologies Group Limited
- Counsel to Xcel Energy Inc. in its $37 million sale of certain Texas Transmission assets and two related substations to Sharyland Distribution and Transmission Services, LLC
- Counsel to Net Optics, Inc. in its $190 million sale to Ixia
- Counsel to Rochester Medical Corporation in its $262 million sale to C.R. Bard, Inc.
- Counsel to Nycomed US Inc. in its $346 million acquisition of Bradley Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Counsel to Optum, Inc. in its in its Optum360 joint venture with Dignity Health
- Counsel to United HealthCare Services in its acquisition of Preferred Care Partners
- Counsel to D.A. Davidson & Co. in its merger with Crowell, Weedon & Co.
- Counsel to regional banks in numerous bank and branch acquisitions
- Counsel to banks in numerous bank and branch dispositions
- Counsel to a national bank in the acquisition of 14 Nevada bank branches
- Counsel to a national bank in the acquisition of a card processing company
- Counsel to a national bank in numerous acquisitions of trust businesses
- Counsel to Franklin Covey Co. in connection with the sale of its CSBU division to a platform company of Peterson Partners L.P.
- Counsel to Best Buy in its sale of assets of Napster Inc. and Napster, LLC to Rhapsody International, Inc.
- Counsel to Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. in a series of five acquisitions of oil and gas producing properties and undeveloped leasehold interests in the Williston Basin of North Dakota from various private company sellers, totaling nearly $2.5 billion in value
- Counsel to Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. in its $3.8 billion sale to Whiting Petroleum Corp.
- Counsel to Timberline Resources Corporation in acquisition of Wolfpack Gold (Nevada) Corp.
- Counsel to Crescent Point Energy (US) Corp. in $800 million acquisition of Ute Energy Upstream Holdings LLC
- Counsel to Eldorado Gold Corporation in $2.4 billion acquisition of European Goldfields Ltd.
- Counsel to Minefinders Corporation Ltd. in $1.5 billion acquisition by Pan American Silver Corp.
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Benefits & Compensation
- Closely Held Businesses
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Executive Compensation
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations
- National Security Law
- Private Equity
- Public-Private Partnerships