We have extensive experience in the areas of insurance law and regulation, insurance (including transactional risk insurance) coverage counseling, and insurance litigation. Our skilled lawyers provide critically important counseling at the outset of any potential coverage situation to ensure our clients' rights are fully protected. We also help clients resolve disputes in a variety of complex insurance coverage matters.
Our knowledge and experience in insurance law and regulation allows us routinely to advise businesses in the insurance industry with strategic financings, acquisitions and divestitures. We also represent insurance clients in a variety of regulatory and enforcement matters.
Whatever the scope of your insurance-related issues may be, Dorsey's Insurance Law attorneys have the skill and experience to represent effectively your interests in this complex and specialized area of the law.
We have counseled clients on insurance matters related to:
- duty to defend, reservation of rights, risk management programs and strategies
- transfer of risk through insurance and other contractual provisions
- mergers, acquisitions and public offerings, and
- regulatory and enforcement matters.
Our attorneys have provided advice and represented our clients in all forms of dispute resolution in a variety of insurance coverage matters, including:
- Property damage, business interruption and other first party claims;
- Third party claims under commercial general liability, errors and omissions/professional liability, employment practices liability and directors and officers policies;
- Disability, life, stop loss, long term care, sports disability and ERISA-related claims;
- Unfair claims handling, health care, managed care, extra contractual liability and bad faith claims; and
- Excess/umbrella insurance and reinsurance claims, including representation of reinsurance brokers and ceding insurers in reinsurance litigation and arbitrations.
Industries & Practices
- Capital Markets
- Commercial Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Products Liability
- Transactional Risk Insurance