ERIN REPRESENTS ISSUERS, UNDERWRITERS, BANKS AND FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS ON DEBT AND EQUITY SECURITIES OFFERINGS AND OTHER COMPLEX FINANCING TRANSACTIONS.
Erin represents issuers and underwriters in public and private debt securities offerings, including high yield, investment grade and convertible debt, and on tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations and other debt restructuring matters.
Erin acts as bond counsel to state and local governments, universities, hospitals and other 501(c)(3) organizations. She regularly advises on tax, securities and economic development matters, including tax increment financing and public-private partnerships. She also acts as underwriters counsel and bank counsel on a wide range of public finance transactions.
In addition, Erin regularly advises on equity financings, including start-up and venture capital financings and public offerings, as well as general corporate and transactional matters.
Erin joined Dorsey & Whitney in 2010. She was previously with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP.
- BMO Capital Markets secures key funding for gold mining company
- Eldorado Gold buys European Goldfields to create premier gold producer
- Montana State University issues bonds for facilities to accommodate growth
- Whiting Petroleum and Kodiak Oil & Gas combine to create largest Bakken/Three Forks oil producer
Recent Public Finance Matters:
- Bond counsel to the Montana Facility Finance Authority on a variety of health care debt financings, including St. Peter’s Hospital, Bozeman Deaconess Health Services, Kalispell Regional Medical Center, Billings Clinic and Community Medical Center
- Underwriters counsel to Wells Fargo Securities on a variety of health care debt financings, including Vail Valley Medical Center, Boulder Community Hospital, University of Colorado Hospital Authority, National Jewish Health, Children’s Hospital Colorado and Benefis Health System
- Bond counsel to the numerous cities, counties and local governments on economic development projects, including urban renewal, industrial development and targeted economic development district financings
- Bond counsel to Montana State University on revenue bond issuances
Recent Corporate Matters:
- Golden Resources Ltd. (NYSE/TSX) in connection with its 144A/Reg S offering of $65 million of convertible notes
- Energy Fuels Inc. (NYSE/TSX) in connection with a consent solicitation for its outstanding debentures
- Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. (NYSE) in connection with its 144A/Reg S offerings of high yield notes aggregating $1.55 billion, including A/B exchange offers and consent solicitations
- Eldorado Gold Corporation (NYSE/TSX) in connection with its 144A/Reg S offering of $600 million of high yield notes
- IAMGOLD Corporation (TSX) in connection with its 144A/Reg S offering of $650 million of high yield notes
- Lightstream Resources Ltd. (TSX) in connection with its 144A/Reg S offering of $900 million of high yield notes
- Banro Corporation (NYSE Amex) in connection with Rule 144A/Reg S offering of 175,000 units consisting of $175 million high yield senior secured notes and warrants to purchase common stock
- RightNow Technologies (NASDAQ) in connection with its Rule 144A offering of $200 million of convertible senior notes
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Tax Increment Financing Workshop – Tax Increment Bonds (2014)
- Montana Municipal Institute for Clerks, Treasurers & Finance Officers – Understanding Bonds, Covenants and Reserves (2013)
- Tax Increment Financing Workshop – Principles of Tax Increment Financing (2012)
- MSAWWA-MWEA Joint Conference – Nuts and Bolts of Paying for Public Works Projects (2012)
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Development & Infrastructure
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Oil & Gas
- Project Development & Finance
- Public Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships