Dorsey’s Technology Industry Group is focused on clients involved in the creation, commercialization and use of digital technology solutions.
Start-ups whose only asset is a great idea rely on our team to help that idea become the next big thing. Companies whose technology has gained the world’s attention rely on us to help them take advantage of its commercial promise. And established corporations turn to us when it’s time to grow or expand their presence into something new and improved. Whatever stage they are in, our clients know we will help them keep their competitive edge now and as they evolve.
Our technology lawyers work out of some of the world’s most influential technology markets--from California to New York, London to China. They are experienced intellectual property lawyers, shrewd deal-makers and formidable litigators with a keen understanding of what it takes to be successful in the ultra-competitive technology marketplace.
Technology doesn’t exist in a vacuum, so our attorneys don’t work in one. When it's helpful to our clients, we work in teams across industry and practice groups, making sure that the right attorneys are working on projects for the most efficient and effective representation.
Read Our Blog
In a world dependent on information technology, networked operations and mobile connections, businesses face an increasing array of cybersecurity and data privacy challenges. Dorsey offers a coordinated worldwide team that can respond immediately with a complete range of services to help you meet these challenges. Read more here.
- Tekmira and OnCore merge to create global company focused on HBV treatment
- Beijing-based Ninebot completes strategic acquisition of Segway
- Key players combine in significant transaction for payments industry
- IEEE adds Engineering360 platform to its powerful resources for the global engineering community
- Client secures patent to keep produce fresh
- Representing a client in a bitcoin mining transaction involving a non-U.S. financing with plans to acquire a bitcoin mine in the U.S.
- Representing the underwriters in a going public transaction with a capital raise for a cryptocurrency merchant bank.
- Represented a client in forming a cryptocurrency/digital assets private investment fund.
- Represented a U.K company in its merger with a U.S. company, each of which is involved in computer services, including bitcoin mining.
- Multiple pending transactions involving Initial Coin Offerings, including proposed SEC registrations.
- Represent numerous app developers as they design online advertising platforms and draft user rules in compliance with the FTC’s endorsement guidelines.
- Served as general counsel to a public-private Health Information Exchange formed to facilitate the exchange of health information electronically in compliance with HIPAA/HITECH.
- Counsel clients on complying with and drafting policies concerning the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the CAN-SPAM Act, the Communications Decency Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, online behavioral advertising principles, and other internet-related laws.
- Develop and audit internal privacy procedures to address both Graham-Leach-Bliley Act compliance and customer expectations for their personal financial information.
- Assist in dealing with subpoenas and other legal processes served on clients that trigger Graham-Leach-Bliley issues.
- Counseled client on student loan finance issues and alternative lending models and social media components of tuition financing.
- Counsel client on FTC data broker issues and CFPB requirements, privacy concerns, and disclosure issues related to consumer finance products and services.
- Defended e-commerce company in putative consumer class action matter involving allegations of data tampering and privacy violations.
- Advise client regarding mobile app for consumer savings and consumer financial protection requirements.
- Counsel client in the video game industry in connection with cryptocurrency issues and money transmission licensing.
- Represented a retail company in the negotiation of master services agreements with multiple consultants for the further development of their IT systems, including Accenture, WIPRO, Tata America, Demandware and Logic Systems, Inc.
- Represent software-as-a-service providers that provide hosted solutions for use in a variety of industries, including healthcare, education and food.
- Represented a sports news and information provider and fantasy sports platform operator on daily operations, including intellectual property; mobile apps; advertising networks; vendor services; sponsorships; endorsements; user conduct; editorial guidelines.
- Represented an integrator in negotiating multiple master services agreements with their retail customers for the development, implementation and application management services for Oracle retail solutions.
Industries & Practices
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Digital Health
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Technology Commerce
- Trademark, Copyright & Advertising