ENERGETIC, EFFICIENT AND EXPERIENCED COUNSEL FOR MINING AND NATURAL RESOURCES ENTERPRISES.
Dorsey’s Mining and Natural Resources Group is recognized for providing the complete legal solution to the mining industry.
Dorsey lawyers are deeply engaged in helping mining, energy and natural resources clients. We understand the lifecycle of opportunities and challenges you face. Partner with us to experience business sensibility, industry depth and practical problem solving in leading geographical centers for mining and natural resources, globally.
Some of our areas of expertise and service include:
- Goldcorp and Newmont Combine to Form World’s Largest Gold Company
- Mosaic completes $1.25 billion registered offering of senior notes
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers begins SEC reporting as a domestic issuer
- BMO Capital Markets secures key funding for gold mining company
- Golden Queen Mining completes key financing
- Dorsey represented Klondex Mines Ltd., a publicly held junior-tier gold and silver mining company focused on exploration, development based in Reno, Nevada, in the sale of all of its outstanding shares to Hecla Mining Company, a publicly held silver mining producer headquartered in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.
- Represented Klondex Holdings USA Inc., a subsidiary of Klondex Mines Ltd., a metal mining company in the purchase of all of the membership interests and assets of Carlin Resources, LLC, a private owner operator of a gold mines.
- Advised Central GoldTrust in an exchange offer for the sale of its assets to Sprott Inc., and its subsidiaries, Sprott Asset Management LP, and Sprott Physical Gold Trust.
- Advised SilverCrest Mines Inc. in the sale of all of its issued and outstanding common shares to First Majestic Resource Corp.
- Advised Western Lithium USA Corporation in the business combination and purchase of all of the issued and outstanding stock of Lithium Americas Corp.
- Represented Jipangu International Inc. in the sale of a 90% interest in Florida Canyon Mining, Inc., Standard Gold Mining, Inc. and Jipangu Exploration Inc. to Imlay Mining Co., Ltd., a private company.
- Represented Jerritt Canyon Gold LLC in the purchase of the Jerritt Canyon Mine out of bankruptcy of Veris Gold U.S.A. Inc.
- Advised NovaCopper, Inc. in the purchase of all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Sunward Resources Ltd.
- We advised Energy Fuels Inc. in the purchase all of the issued and outstanding shares of common stock of Uranerz Energy Corporation.
- Represented Galaxy Resources Limited in the sale of Galaxy Lithium International Limited, to Tianqi HK Co. Limited.
- Advised Rio Alto Mining Limited in its sale to Tahoe Resources Inc. by a Plan of Arrangement.
- Represented Chaparral Gold Corp. in the sale of all of its issued and outstanding common shares to Goldrock Mines Corp. and Waterton Precious Metals Fund II Cayman, LP, a private equity firm.
- Advised Scorpio Mining Corporation, located in Vancouver, Canada, in its merger with U.S. Silver & Gold Inc., located in Toronto, Canada.
- Advised Golden Queen Mining Co. Ltd. in a joint venture transaction involving the sale of a 50% interest in Golden Queen Mining Company, LLC, to Gauss Holdings LLC.
- Advised Eldorado Gold Corporation in the purchase of all of the issued and outstanding securities of European Goldfields Limited.
- Dorsey represents Eldorado Gold in all aspects of financing, corporate governance, debt and securities offerings.
- Represented Arch Coal in the sale of its subsidiaries holding multiple producing mines and related assets in Utah to Bowie Resources.
- Dorsey represented Arch Coal Inc. with respect to its mines in the Western US in the successful refinancing of its senior secured term loan.
- Dorsey advised Rye Patch Gold Corp., a publicly held mining company engaged in the mining and development of resource-based gold and silver mines based in Vancouver, Canada, in the sale, through a plan of arrangement, of all of its outstanding shares to Alio Gold Inc.
- We advised First Majestic Silver Corp., a publicly owned silver mining company located in British Columbia, Canada, in the purchase of all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Primero Mining Corp.
- Dorsey also represented First Majestic in an offering of US$150 million aggregate principal amount of 1.875% unsecured convertible senior notes due 2023.
- We represented Polaris Materials Corporation, a construction mining company of aggregates, sand and gravel for use in concrete production and road builds located in Vancouver, Canada, in the sale of all of its issued and outstanding common shares to U.S. Concrete, Inc.
- We advised Exeter Resource Corporation, a metal ore mining company located in Vancouver, Canada, in the sale of all of its issued and outstanding shares to Goldcorp Inc., a senior gold producer located in Vancouver, Canada.
- We advised GRP Minerals Corp., a precious metal mining company located in Denver, Colorado, in the purchase of all of the outstanding common shares of Fiore Exploration Ltd.
- Dorsey served as U.S. counsel to Endeavour Silver Corporation in a $116,326,000 Shelf for Common Shares, Warrants, Subscription Receipts, Debt Securities and Units of Endeavour Silver Corp. and advised Silver Crest metals in connection with its public listing on the NYSE- American.
No two clients are alike, but experience and insights gained in one relationship make our relationship with you more productive and valuable. Some clients and recent engagements include the following:
Industries & Practices
- Canada Cross-Border Transactions
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Mergers & Acquisitions