Erin is a partner in the firm’s Corporate Finance and Public Finance practice groups.
In her corporate practice, Erin works with start-ups, emerging growth and publicly traded companies. She advises on a wide range of equity financing matters, including friends & family, angel, venture capital and other strategic finance transactions, as well as public offerings and other private placement transactions. She has extensive experience advising both domestic and foreign issuers and underwriters on public and private debt securities offerings, including high yield, investment grade and convertible debt, and on tender offers, exchange offers, consent solicitations and other debt restructuring matters. In addition, Erin represents clients on mergers and acquisitions/dispositions (M&A), general business, contract and corporate governance matters, and securities law compliance. Her experience spans a range of industries, including technology, healthcare, oil & gas and mining.
In her public finance practice, Erin acts as bond counsel for state and local governments, conduit issuers, economic development authorities, universities, hospitals and other 501(c)(3) organizations. She also represents underwriters, banks and financial institutions on a wide range of public finance transactions. Erin regularly advises on securities law compliance and disclosure matters and tax matters.
Erin joined Dorsey in 2010 and is head of the Firm’s Missoula office. Prior to that she was with Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP (Los Angeles) and Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (New York City and Silicon Valley).
- BMO Capital Markets secures key funding for gold mining company
- Eldorado Gold buys European Goldfields to create premier gold producer
- Whiting Petroleum and Kodiak Oil & Gas combine to create largest Bakken/Three Forks oil producer
- Montana State University issues bonds for facilities to accommodate growth
Recent Corporate Finance and M&A Matters:
- Eldorado Gold Corporation offerings of $500 million senior high yield notes and $300 million secured second lien high yield notes
- Boart Longyear Ltd. 2021 debt restructuring
- Trulieve Cannabis Corp. $350 million senior secured notes
- DIRTT Environmental Solutions Ltd. public offering of $42 million convertible unsecured subordinated debentures
- Acquisition of multiple Jiffy Lube franchises by The Foster Group Inc.
- Inimmune Corp. Series A Preferred Stock financing
- Foundant Technologies Series B Preferred Stock financing
- MediPharm Labs $41 million offering of senior convertible notes and warrants
- SSR Mining Inc. offering of $200 million of convertible notes
- Sale of Wisetail, Inc. to Alchemy Systems L.P.
- Canopy Growth Corporation offering of $500 million of convertible notes
- First Majestic Silver Corp. offering of $150 million of convertible notes
- goeasy Ltd. offerings of high yield notes aggregating $1.025 billion
- Kodiak Oil & Gas Corp. offerings of high yield notes aggregating $1.5 billion and related A/B exchange offers
- Golden Star Resources Ltd. offering of $65 million of convertible notes
- IAMGOLD Corporation offering of $650 million of high yield notes
- Lightstream Resources Ltd. offerings of high yield notes aggregating $1.5 billion
- Banro Corporation offering of 175,000 units consisting of $175 million secured high yield notes and warrants to purchase common stock
- RightNow Technologies offering of $200 million of convertible notes
Recent Public Finance Matters:
- Bond counsel and disclosure counsel to The Board of Regents of the State of Montana on multiple issuances of new money and refunding bonds for the University of Montana and Montana State University
- Bond counsel to the Montana Facility Finance Authority on multiple hospital and health care debt financings, including St. Peter’s Hospital, Bozeman Health, Kalispell Regional Medical Center, Shodair Children’s Hospital, Community Medical Center, Community Hospital of Anaconda, Big Horn Hospital, Glendive Medical Center, Marcus Daly Memorial Hospital, Billings Clinic, Marias Medical Center, and St. Luke’s Hospital
- Bond counsel to the numerous cities, counties, special districts, and economic development authorities on a wide variety of tax-exempt and taxable bond, leasing and other finance transactions, including general obligation bonds, revenue bonds, certificates of participation (COPs), airport and other private activity bonds, economic development projects, tax increment financing, and bank placements
- Underwriters counsel on multiple hospital and health care financings, including Vail Valley Medical Center, Boulder Community Hospital, University of Colorado Hospital Authority, National Jewish Health, Children’s Hospital Colorado, and Benefis Health System
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Development & Infrastructure
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Oil & Gas
- Public Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships