Education & Admissions
University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., 2010), magna cum laude; ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor and Employment Law; founding Editor-in-Chief, ABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law
University of St. Thomas (B.A., 1993), cum laude
- North Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- Minnesota Supreme Court, Justice G. Barry Anderson, 2010-2011
- Served on-site, in-house assignments with two different Fortune 500 clients – a utility company and a medical-device manufacturer – advising business and human resources leaders on a wide range of compliance and management issues.
- Counsels clients on range of workplace issues, including disability accommodation in hiring and employment, effectively managing medical and disability leaves, drafting and implementing effective policies and procedures, properly structuring independent contractor relationships, and resolving employment disputes before they develop litigation.
- Negotiate and draft employment and separation agreements for C-suite leaders and other key employees.
- Argued before the Minnesota Supreme Court on behalf of city housing and redevelopment authority and won reversal of court of appeals decision that had blocked $85 million redevelopment project in Minneapolis suburb.
- Served as second chair on trial team that won jury verdict rejecting trade-secret claims against client and awarding significant damages and attorneys’ fees on client’s counterclaim.
- Was a political reporter in Washington, D.C., for The Associated Press and a local news team leader for the Saint Paul Pioneer Press before entering law school.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Jack Sullivan, Article: Pooled Special-Needs Trusts: An Exception that Should be the Rule to Protect Adults with Developmental Disabilities, 27 LAW & INEQ. 441 (2009)
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Development & Infrastructure
- Electric Power
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Indian & Alaska Native
- Labor & Employment
Professional & Civic
- President of the Board of Directors, Minnesota Justice Foundation (a non-profit corporation that promotes pro bono opportunities for law students and fundraises to support clerkships at public interest agencies serving low-income individuals)
- Member, Leadership Council, ThreeSixty Journalism (a nonprofit outreach program of the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of St. Thomas that uses the principles of strong writing and reporting to help diverse Minnesota high school students enhance their writing skills, college readiness and community connection)
- Adjunct Professor, University of Minnesota Law School Employment Law Clinic
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
- Named "Minneapolis Ones to Watch" in Labor and Employment Law – Management / Litigation – Labor and Employment by Best Lawyers®, 2022-2024
- Contributed more than 100 Challenge pro bono hours, 2021
- Contributed more than 50 Challenge pro bono hours, 2020
- Named 2018 Up & Coming Attorney by Minnesota Lawyer
- Listed as a "Rising Star" by Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2014-2020
- MSBA North Star Lawyer, 2015-2018 and 2020