As an employment and business immigration attorney, Ieva represents management with respect to the full spectrum of workplace policies and practices, including drafting and negotiating employment, separation and non-competition agreements, handling workplace harassment and discrimination claims, and providing legal and practical advice on employee hiring, discipline and termination.
In addition, Ieva advises corporate and individual clients on all aspects of U.S. immigration and nationality law, including non-immigrant visas, permanent residence petitions, citizenship and naturalization, expatriate assignments, and the immigration-related aspects of corporate restructurings.
Education & Admissions
University of Washington School of Law (J.D., 2008), Aphrodite Garrison Fellow, CALI Award for Highest Grade in Evidence
University of Washington, Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies (M.A., International Studies, 2005), Lithuanian Foundation Scholarship
Vilnius University (B.A., Political Science, 2003), National Winner, Open Society Institute’s Undergraduate Exchange Program Scholarship for Studies in the U.S.
- Assisted a tech company headquartered in Korea with the intracompany transfer of key employees.
- Assisted a large accounting firm with non-immigrant and immigrant petitions.
- Counseled a Silicon Valley tech company regarding the immigration implications of a complex corporate restructuring transaction.
- Assisted a foreign-born start-up founder of a software development company in obtaining an “extraordinary ability” work visa.
- Represented a Canadian manufacturer doing business in the United States in a non-compete dispute with a former employee.
- Drafted and negotiated executive employment agreements on behalf of a Canadian pharmaceutical company doing business in the United States.
- Represented a Canadian citizen in determining whether she, due to a complex application of various nationality laws dating back to the early 1930s, is also a U.S. citizen, potentially subjecting her estate to the U.S. tax law.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker, "Update on Investment-Based Immigration Strategies," Minnesota State Bar Association, November 2019
- “Preventing Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace,” April 2015
- “Business Immigration for Startups: Options and Challenges,” CoMotion, the University of Washington, February 2015
- “President Obama’s Executive Action on Immigration,” National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition’s Fruit Industry Seminar, January 2015
- “Overview of U.S. Immigration Law & Procedures,” NALS Seminar, November 2014
- “Step-by-Step Guide for Employers on How to Prepare and File H-1B Petitions,” Dorsey & Whitney LLP Breakfast Briefing, January 2015
- “Watch Your Step! Minimizing Risks During the Onboarding Process,” Dorsey & Whitney LLP Breakfast Briefing, October 2014
- “Overview of U.S. Immigration Law & Procedures for Employers,” Salt Lake City Labor and Employment Seminar, May 2014
Industries & Practices
Banking & Financial InstitutionsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Food, Beverage & AgribusinessExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Healthcare & Life SciencesExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Canada Cross-Border TransactionsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Energy & Natural ResourcesExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Canada Cross-Border Transactions
- Commercial Litigation
- Cooperative Law
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Executive Compensation
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- International Trade
- Labor & Employment
- National Security Law