Stewart’s practice focuses on complex cross-border transactions, with a particular focus on US and APAC in-bound UK investments and English law deals in Central & Eastern Europe and Africa.
Stewart has a broad corporate and finance practice advising clients on acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, international securities offerings, strategic alliances, complex restructurings and other commercial transactions.
Stewart’s clients include companies in a wide variety of sectors, including real estate, automotive, packaging, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, clean technology, mining and oil and gas.
Stewart has been recognized as a ‘notable practitioner’ in the IFLR 1000 and described in The Legal 500 as a ‘great deal captain’ having ‘technical expertise coupled with an easy-going personality’ and being ‘great to work with’.
- Represented a HK asset manager on its investment in a large UK real estate development company.
- Represented Hony Capital on the £1bn restructuring of Pizza Express Group, including the carve-out sale of the Asia business.
- Represented the Ghanaian local partner on the sell-down of its interest in the Tema LNG project to African Infrastructure Investment Managers.
- Represented private equity firm, CapDesia Group, on its equity investment in Japanese fast food restaurant chain, Wasabi Sushi & Bento.
- Represented a PRC family office on a group reorganization and various divestments in the hospitality sector.
- Represented sport-focused investment firm, GACP Sports, on its acquisition of Bordeaux Football Club.
- Represented US based private equity firm, Argand Partners, on its acquisition of Oase (a water gardens and pump business).
- Represented Yioula Glassworks’ in the €500m sale of its glass manufacturing operation in Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania.
- Represented Nigerian company, SEPLAT Petroleum Development Company Plc, in its first of a kind IPO on the London and Lagos stock exchanges.
- Represented a Ukrainian energy company in connection with its US$115 million acquisition of two power generation plants and power infrastructure assets in Ukraine from a major US energy company.
- Represented a Nigerian independent exploration and production company in several acquisitions of oil mining lease interests in the Niger Delta from various international oil companies, including Shell, Chevron, TOTAL and ENI.
- Represented an Australian listed insurance company in its acquisition of a UK online insurance company.
- Represented an offshore investment group in the sale of certain oil and gas assets located in Russia.
- Represented a major US outsourcing company on its acquisition of Remploy from the UK Government (Department for Work and Pensions).
- Represented US automotive parts manufacturer on its acquisition of certain UK and Canadian business and assets from Federal Mogul.
- Represented a German environmental solutions company on its acquisition of certain UK business and assets from DHL Supply Chain.
- Represented a major Russian mining and steel company in its US$800 million Eurobond issuance on the Irish Stock Exchange.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Capital Markets
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Hong Kong
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Oil & Gas
- Private Equity
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement