Julian is a distinguished attorney renowned for his adept representation of employers across a spectrum of critical labor management relations issues and employment litigation matters.
With a steadfast commitment to excellence and integrity, his practice is focused on navigating all aspects of managing a modern-day workforce.
Julian specializes in wage and hour issues; employee classification; collective bargaining negotiations; and unfair labor practice cases. Furthermore, he is a trusted advisor to clients during transformative business events, ensuring seamless navigation of labor and employment issues within mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
Julian’s prowess extends beyond the negotiating table, as he vigorously represents employers in both federal and state courts and demonstrates unwavering expertise before federal and state agencies. His background includes the handling of discrimination claims arising under Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), as well as intricate wage and hour matters. Julian’s legal acumen is an invaluable asset to organizations seeking steadfast protection of their labor and employment interests.
Education & Admissions
Harvard Law School (J.D., 2020), Editor-in-Chief of Harvard BlackLetter Law Journal
Harvard University (B.A., Comparative Study of Religion and English, 2017), Graduated with Honors in the Comparative Study of Religion
- English, Spanish
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, Honorable Wilhelmina M. Wright, 2020-2021
- Advised a coalition of Class 1 Railroads on labor matters in order to prevent a national rail strike by 100,000 workers that would have crippled the American economy. The amount in controversy was over $9 billion. The parties successfully reached an agreement without a work stoppage.
- Provided counsel on labor and employment issues for a global internet infrastructure provider in the acquisition of nine data centers, including colocation and related network services.
- Provided labor and employment counsel for a private equity firm during the acquisition of a leading provider of critical repair, replacement, and maintenance services for utility customers across the gas, electrical, telecommunications, and water end markets.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment in favor of a nationwide franchisor against all joint-employment claims brought by a franchisee's employee. These claims encompassed wage and hour violations, discrimination allegations, and tort claims.
- Assisted a coal and natural gas company in defense against ERISA withdrawal liability claims resulting from the sale of the company’s coal assets.
- Successfully resolved multiple National Labor Relations Board unfair labor practice charges against clients.
- Provided labor and employment counsel to various companies regarding positive employee relations; HR policies; COVID-19 employee management advice; and response to legislative changes.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Development & Infrastructure
- ERISA Litigation
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Labor & Employment
- Labor & Employment Guides
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Professional & Civic
- Governance Committee Chair, RS Eden - a nonprofit focused on substance abuse treatment, supportive housing, and reentry services
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association and MSBA Labor & Employment Law Section
- Member, Minnesota Association of Black Lawyers