Chelsea is an associate in Dorsey’s Trial Group. She has extensive experience representing clients in securities, commodities, antitrust, intellectual property, accounting malpractice and business litigation. Chelsea has experience representing clients in proceedings before the SEC, CFTC, DOJ, and international arbitration tribunals. She also has expertise regarding U.S. economic sanctions compliance and has represented domestic and international clients before OFAC.
Prior to joining Dorsey, Chelsea practiced at Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP in New York.
- Obtained dismissal of all antitrust claims asserted against global commodities company in consolidated class action brought in New York federal court, in which plaintiffs sought billions of dollars in damages.
- Obtained dismissal of all claims asserted against a Big 4 accounting firm in malpractice litigation brought in New York state court.
- On eve of trial, successfully moved in limine to eliminate all damages sought from a Big 4 accounting firm in a malpractice action brought in New York state court.
- Secured favorable settlement for plaintiff water treatment company in case brought in New York federal court, wherein plaintiff asserted claim for wrongful termination of exclusive distribution agreement.
- Secured a decision from New York’s First Department appellate court reversing trial court’s refusal to dismiss breach of fiduciary claims involving an investment company.
- Obtained favorable ruling for respondent from LCIA tribunal in an arbitration relating to a billion-dollar real estate dispute between Russian nationals.
- Obtained favorable ruling for respondent in AAA arbitration relating to a commodity company’s decision to terminate an agreement on the basis of force majeure. Claimant sought hundreds of millions of dollars in damages.
- Secured favorable settlement for a plaintiff textiles company following a trial in New York federal court on plaintiff’s environmental indemnity claims worth hundreds of millions of dollars and relating to its purchase of numerous textile facilities.
- Represented small business in OFAC enforcement proceeding, and secured a settlement of charges that resulted in business paying no fines.
- Advised foreign governments and domestic and foreign companies regarding compliance with U.S. economic sanctions law.
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Closely Held Businesses
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Financial Services
- Electronic Discovery
- Financial Services Regulatory
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- LegalMine Document Review Solutions
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
- Tax Controversy & Litigation