Industry studies demonstrate that expenses associated with document reviews comprise 50-70% of litigation costs. In response to these statistics, we developed LegalMine™, a state-of-the-art document review service, housed in our Minneapolis headquarters. LegalMine™ was specially designed to effectively manage litigation costs by culling and limiting the number of documents that have to be substantively reviewed, making the discovery process more efficient and lowering costs.
In a matter of days, the LegalMine™ team can eliminate document clutter and identify the information most relevant and important to each case. The identified documents then undergo further analysis by the trial team, which uses them to support and develop the optimal legal strategy. The benefits: increased speed, increased relevance and decreased costs.
LegalMine™ can also function as an effective, searchable electronic data room for M&A deals and internal investigations.
LegalMine’s involvement in this project starts once the contracts designated for review have been collected. A project planning meeting will be conducted and a written protocol describing the project and deliverables will be prepared. LegalMine will set up a Client Collaboration Site, tailored to your desired folder structure. Documents are loaded to this secure platform, accessible by both LegalMine and the client and Dorsey teams.
Using the connection we have enabled between the Kira platform and the Client Collaboration Site, documents would be sent to the secure Kira platform and automatically analyzed for LIBOR content, as well as other content you may specify. The results of the automated analysis, after quality control by the LegalMine team, are exported back to the Client Collaboration Site for further analysis. LegalMine can also export the LIBOR clauses to a chart for further manipulation, as needed.
The Client Collaboration Site is then utilized to track various information about the contracts, indicating for example, expiration dates on contracts and/or contracts that will require further analysis or action. Tasks can be assigned within the Collaboration Site, so the team has visibility at all times into the status of activities associated with the project.
Our research indicated that some of our clients had concerns about security and oversight with the use of fully outsourced or offshore document management vendors. LegalMine™ is housed on-site in our Minneapolis office, enabling our clients and legal teams to closely interact with, and oversee the work of, the document review team.
The LegalMine™ facility is a secure, key-card accessible area with dedicated review workstations. Our LegalMine manager oversees the day-to-day operations in the facility, working with the review attorneys, litigation support staff, paralegals and clients to manage and communicate the status of the review.
Data can be securely transmitted electronically or shipped directly by the client to LegalMine™ for processing.
Our e-discovery service, LegalMine™, offers our clients a powerful tool to review huge quantities of documents – efficiently, thoroughly and accurately. This in-house, dedicated resource delivers powerful advantages:
- Quality. Our LegalMine™ staff is overseen by attorneys who are hired and trained to exclusively provide document review services. Immersed in our culture of quality, excellence and client service, our professional review attorneys augment powerful technology with judgment honed through experience.
- Integration. A senior associate involved in each case supervises the LegalMine™ review process, so clients receive continuous, first-rate legal service from a team that understands their business, goals and the strategy associated with their litigation.
- Reduced Costs. Powerful technology, used by skilled and experienced e-discovery attorneys, reduces review time drastically, thereby cutting legal costs. Further efficiencies result from LegalMine’s™ ability to quickly sort through voluminous records and bypass extraneous and irrelevant materials so that only the most relevant records are passed along for review by the litigation team.
- Predictability. Both time and cost can be accurately estimated before the review process begins so that clients know ahead of time what their review costs will be and when the documents most critical to their matter will be available.
- Security. The information we examine stays within our walls. Every professional who reviews the information connected to a matter is bound by strict rules of confidentiality and discretion. In addition, the materials we review are never sent offshore.
Transactional Due Diligence
A large transaction always involves an extensive due diligence process involving a large number of documents. LegalMine™ can host effective, searchable electronic data rooms enabling clients to efficiently store and search the vast amount of information needed to structure a fair, solid deal.
Proactive companies are much more likely to avoid business disputes and clashes with regulators. A thorough review of employment contracts, communications, regulatory filings, company policies and more can help clients identify and manage issues before they become problematic.
Industries & Practices
Government Enforcement & Corporate InvestigationsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Intellectual Property LitigationExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
International Arbitration & LitigationExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Securities & Financial Services Litigation & EnforcementExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Tax Controversy & LitigationExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Trusts & Estates LitigationExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
- Tax Controversy & Litigation
- Trusts & Estates Litigation