Kim Neville is a Partner in the Trial group. She practices in the areas of commercial litigation, health care litigation, and product liability defense. Kim has a broad litigation background and has served as counsel in a number of high-exposure cases. She regularly appears in both the federal and state trial courts in Utah, as well as before the state's administrative agencies. Kim has also appeared pro hac vice in approximately 15 jurisdictions on behalf of clients with national litigation needs.
Kim has substantial litigation experience in the health care industry, having represented clients in cases involving breach of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets, breach of non-competition agreements, licensing disputes, benefits determinations, false advertising, and class action allegations. Kim’s product liability experience includes serving as a trial counsel for manufacturers in cases involving medical devices, pharmaceuticals, data recovery and software, automobiles, industrial equipment, and various component parts. She is regarded for her skills in simplifying technical issues for judges and juries.
Kim is also active in the Utah Bar and her community. She frequently presents to various legal and industry groups, and promotes a number of worthy charitable and community causes.
Education & Admissions
University of Utah, S. J. Quinney College of Law (J.D., 2001),
- Utah Law Review
- Leary Scholar
South Dakota State University (B.S., Political Science, 1998), with highest honors
- Supreme Court of Utah
- U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Successfully defending a publicly-traded medical records retrieval company against a $100+ million securities fraud claim; resulting in summary judgment in favor of our client.
- Successfully represented various manufacturers and retailers in Lanham Act, false advertising, and unfair trade practices disputes pertaining to product efficacy claims, labeling claims, and marketing practices.
- Successfully represented medical provider in multiple reimbursement actions and benefit disputes involving UCR charges, single patient agreements, plan benefits determinations, medical necessity claims, and breach of provider services contracts.
- Successfully represented a major health plan in defense of administrative actions pertaining to Medicaid benefits determinations.
- Successfully represented an international software development company in injunctive proceedings and contract actions against five European businesses valued in excess of $10 million.
- Secured a jury verdict in favor of a major automotive manufacturer against a product liability claim in which the plaintiff sought $18 million in damages based upon an allegedly defective fuel system design.
- Successfully represented a governmental transportation agency in the defective engineering design of an $87 million highway improvement project.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Women Lawyers of Utah Annual Professionalism & Civility CLE, Moderator (June 2015)
- Resolving Business Disputes – Community Foundation of Utah Non-Profit Clinic (May 2014)
- How Leading Lawyers Think: Case Evaluation and Strategy - Panelist, Utah Fall Forum (November 15, 2013)
- Banter with the Bench – Women Lawyers of Utah (October 2013)
- Getting the Best Results Cost Efficiently – Billable Hour Alternatives, Presenter, Utah Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel (August 2010)
Industries & Practices
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Health Care
- Health Litigation
- Products Liability
Professional & Civic
- Utah State Bar Litigation Section Executive Committee Member
- Utah State Bar Character & Fitness Committee, Co-Chair and Member
- Utah State Bar Admissions Committee Member
- Women Lawyers of Utah, Board Member
- Salt Lake Acting Company Board of Trustees
- Susan G. Komen Utah Affiliate Board of Directors and Volunteer Grant Reviewer
- St. Vincent DePaul School Board, Parish Counsel and Home School Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity: City Lead and Law School Mentor
- University of Utah College of Law Young Alumni Association, Board Member (2003-2011)