Harsha specializes in acting for and advising international companies and PE houses across a variety of sectors, with a focus on financial services, retail, healthcare and arts & culture sectors.
Prior to joining Dorsey, Harsha spent over four years as a corporate associate at Trilegal, India, with particular experience of advising on cross-border PE transactions and private M&A.
He graduated with honors from the National Law School of India where he was editor of the National Law School of India Review. He also attended the Faculty of Law, University of Zurich as a Heyning Roelli Scholar.
Experience prior to joining Dorsey:
- A Chinese retail conglomerate on the Indian law aspects of its 80% acquisition of a global diamond appraisal company.
- A British multinational merchandise retailer on its investments into a second Indian joint venture with a multinational conglomerate based in India.
- An Indian stock exchange on its (a) acquisition of an Indian financial market terminal company and consequent indemnity claims and (b) proposed acquisitions of an Indian financial information analytics company and a software development company based in the US.
- The liaison office of a Swiss arts and culture foundation on regularization of its operations.
- An Indian robo-advisory firm on its Series A and bridge round investment by the fintech strategic investments division of a US-based financial services company.
- An Indian payment systems operator on its acquisition of the Indian ATM management portfolio of a US-based financial technology company.
- A US-based family office on its exit from a multinational ed-tech company headquartered in India.
- A US-based private equity fund on its divestment from a software company focusing on IT solutions for financial services sector.
- A US-based private equity fund on its investment in a nutraceuticals manufacturing company based in India.
- A hospital chain focusing on tertiary care in tier-II cities in India on its Series B fundraise.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity