ROSS IS COMMITTED TO TRANSLATING A COMPLEX HEALTH CARE REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT INTO PRACTICAL AND CONCRETE ADVICE FOR HIS CLIENTS.
Ross works in the healthcare provider, payor, and drug and medical device segments of the healthcare industry. His areas of expertise include healthcare fraud and abuse, Stark and anti-kickback laws, pharmaceutical and medical device licensing, co-development, and supply arrangements, HIPAA and other privacy and security laws, reimbursement rules and appeals, clinical trial agreements and regulation, FDA regulation, open payments and state "Sunshine Act" laws, accountable care organizations, value-based reimbursement, and telemedicine.
Education & Admissions
University of Virginia School of Law (J.D., 1996), Journal of Law and Politics
Syracuse University (B.A., Political Science, 1989), magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa
- Only admitted in Minnesota
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- 德汇代表亿腾医药就其收购礼来旗下两款著名抗生素产品希刻劳®和稳可信®以及位于苏州的希刻劳生产工厂提供全面法律服务 Dorsey Represents Eddingpharm in Acquisition of Eli Lilly’s Rights in China for Ceclor® and Vancocin® as well as its Ceclor Manufacturing Facility in Suzhou
- BioLife restructures and uplists to Nasdaq Capital Market
- Building on a legacy through a key acquisition
- Pay for Success project expands Nurse-Family Partnership to improve health outcomes for first-time moms and their children
- Tekmira and OnCore merge to create global company focused on HBV treatment
- Drafted and negotiated pharmaceutical and medical device co-development, co-marketing, and supply arrangements in the U.S. and internationally.
- Successfully appealed various Medicare post-payment contractor (e.g., RAC, ZPIC) overpayment determinations.
- Created a corporate and contracting structure for ExceleraRx Corp., a national network of health system-based specialty pharmacies.
- Represented hospital system in defending Department of Justice allegations of billing fraud, resulting in no claims or action taken.
- Represents providers in billing, anti-kickback, and Stark investigations and self-disclosure submissions.
- Developed and updated corporate compliance programs for numerous health care providers and medical device manufacturers.
- Represent wide variety of Covered Entities and Business Associates in OCR investigations arising from data breaches.
- Represented multi-specialty physician group in development and operation of a joint-venture hospital.
- Represented national chain pharmacy in renegotiation of drug wholesaler contract.
- Represent wide variety of Covered Entities and Business Associates in developing privacy and security compliance programs.
News & Resources
February 06, 2019
July 18, 2018
Significant Changes in Healthcare Laws Enacted Through the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018: Stark, Civil and Criminal Penalties, Telehealth, ACOs and More
February 21, 2018
Stark Law Reform a Focus of Recent Regulatory and Legislative Initiatives; 2018 DHS Code List and CPI-U Updates
February 02, 2018
The Latest State Law Addressing the Opioid Crisis: New Regulations Prohibit New Jersey Prescribers Accepting Payments from Drug Manufacturers
January 24, 2018
June 19, 2017
June 09, 2017
February 23, 2017
January 24, 2017
December 30, 2016
November 10, 2016
July 23, 2015
February 7, 2013
January 25, 2013
Co-author of section of State by State Guide to Managed Care (Aspen Publishing)
Co-author of The Brave New World of Privacy for Health Plans and HMOs (published in HMOs and Health Plans)
Major Changes to HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules Enacted in Economic Stimulus Package, Health Lawyers News, Vol. 13, Number 6
March 26, 2009
November 12, 2008
November 3, 2008
News & Press Mentions
54 Dorsey Lawyers in Minneapolis Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2019 and 2019 Lawyers of the Year
August 15, 2018
51 Dorsey Lawyers in Minneapolis Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 and 2018 Lawyers of the Year
August 15, 2017
48 Dorsey Lawyers in Minneapolis and Fargo Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 and 2017 Lawyers of the Year
August 15, 2016
August 12, 2016
July 22, 2014
February 13, 2008
Events & Speaking Engagements
December 11, 2018
November 14, 2017
September 29, 2016
October 29, 2014 - October 29, 2014
March 26, 2009
November 08, 2005 - November 08, 2005
June 08, 2005 - June 08, 2005
Industries & Practices
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Dorsey Health Strategies
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations
- Mergers & Acquisitions