As a trial associate in Dorsey’s Securities and Financial Services Litigation Group, Ian helps clients to navigate complex financial disputes involving securities fraud, director and fiduciary liability, and commercial contract disputes. Ian’s wide range of experience in this field, from pursuing claims for securities fraud, to defending corporations from putative class actions, help him to provide key insights to use for his client’s advantage.
In addition to his work on securities matters, Ian maintains a robust white-collar criminal defense practice, specializing in representing clients in criminal fraud cases.
Ian has dedicated a portion of his practice to pro bono work.
Education & Admissions
University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., 2016), cum laude, Minnesota Journal of Law Science & Technology, Note and Comment Editor, 2015-2016
Hillsdale College (B.A., 2013), cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Minnesota Supreme Court, Chief Justice Lorie S. Gildea, 2016-2017
- Representing health insurer in multiple lawsuits alleging claims for benefits under ERISA and state law.
- Successfully defended against a motion for preliminary injunction and obtained complete dismissal of a Section 14(a) claim alleging misstatements in a proxy in connection with an acquisition.
- Second-chaired a federal jury trial under the Criminal Justice Act (“CJA”) involving allegations of assault with a deadly weapon, resulting in a full acquittal for our client.
- Key litigation team member defending large broker-dealer client against aiding-and-abetting claims arising from Ponzi-scheme.
- Successfully brought a motion to dismiss all claims against Dorsey’s clients, a national health insurer and a pharmacy benefits manager, arguing that the plaintiff’s challenge to their Medicare Part D coverage determination was preempted and subject to administrative exhaustion.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- ERISA Litigation
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Healthcare Litigation
- Insurance Law
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Products Liability
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement