In order to compete effectively in international markets today, businesses need world-class governance. To stay ahead, you need experienced counsel with a global view, skilled in navigating the complex currents of international anti-corruption laws and enforcement. Whether you are engaging in global business in the broadest sense, entering into a single cross-border transaction, or just responding to demands of business partners to introduce an anti-corruption program, we can help with the strategic advice you need to succeed.
Corruption risks are often increased when doing business abroad. Fueled by increased whistleblowing from individuals and companies seeking co-operation credit, enforcement officials are aggressively pursuing anti-corruption and other regulatory actions in record numbers, imposing huge demands on a business’s resources. Enforcement authorities routinely co-operate on a global basis, increasing the risk of exposure in multiple jurisdictions. In addition, more senior officers and compliance directors are targeted, resulting in personal liability for failures in anti-corruption programs.
Our lawyers in the United States, Europe and Asia have specialized experience handling issues of fraud, bribery and corruption around the globe. Their depth of experience has been honed through decades of service with government enforcement agencies as well as in private practice counseling business organizations. Whether it's reviewing compliance procedures, planning a cross-border transaction, making an acquisition or successfully resolving an investigation, our experience will help guide your organization to the successful result it seeks.
Our Compliance Check-Up
Government authorities in the United States and the United Kingdom expect anti-corruption programs to be kept under review. Dorsey therefore created the Compliance Check-Up, which is a pro-active, flat-fee and attorney-client privileged program helping companies to stay a step ahead of the compliance risks they face.
Anti-Fraud Network: http://antifraudnetwork.com
We have assisted clients on all aspects of anti-corruption matters, including:
- Conducting internal investigations, including on-the-ground interviews in foreign countries, and advising on appropriate employment actions resulting from such investigations
- Preparing reports to audit committees concerning findings relating to suspicions of violations
- Advising on whether and how to make a voluntary disclosure to the relevant government agency
- Advising on appropriate actions to gain co-operation credit to mitigate liability
- Presenting to the Department of Justice, SEC, and other relevant government and regulatory bodies on FCPA and other voluntary disclosure matters
- Representing companies subject to criminal FCPA investigations
- Pursuing civil claims arising out of corruption
- Working with clients on employee handbook provisions relating to the FCPA or the UK Bribery Act by refining existing policies clarifying what is permitted and what is prohibited
- Advising on books, records and internal control provisions
- Advising companies with respect to M&A transactions, joint ventures and other business arrangements that can create imputed liability and the significance of representations and warranties concerning compliance
- Drafting FCPA and anti-corruption compliance programs
- Preparing training materials and presenting training programs on FCPA and anti-corruption law for boards of directors, employees and outside agents
- Advising companies making acquisitions of new foreign subsidiaries on incorporating FCPA and anti-corruption compliance programs with respect to the new acquisition
- Advising foreign Courts on the FCPA
- Advising on the introduction of deferred prosecution agreements into the UK
Industries & Practices
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Health Transactions & Regulations
- International Trade
- National Security Law