Education & Admissions
St. John's University School of Law (J.D., 2009), Executive Notes and Comments Editor, American Bankruptcy Institute Law Review; Dean’s List
St. John's University School of Law (LL.M., Bankruptcy, 2010), Outstanding Academic Achievement Award
University of California, Berkeley (B.A., 2006), Honors Distinction
- New York
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Western District of Wisconsin
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California, Honorable Hannah L. Blumenstiel, 2018-2020
- Represented judgment-creditor in Subchapter V case and was ultimately able to resolve nearly decade-long dispute with debtor.
- Represented assignee for the benefit of creditors of artificial intelligence assisted employment platform through sale of substantially all of the company’s assets and its orderly wind-down and dissolution.
- Represented executory contract counter-party in the JC Penney bankruptcy case and successfully obtained revisions to the debtors’ plan in order to better protect client’s rights.
- Represented Chapter 11 trustee appointed after debtor’s death, including resolving complex litigation and proposing, confirming, and consummating plan of liquidation.
- Successfully represented Chapter 7 trustee in avoiding fraudulent transfer of real property and thereafter selling such property.
- Represented three affiliated Chapter 11 debtors that operated a self-storage facility through the successful sale of the business and real property and consensual dismissal of the case.
- Successfully opposed Chapter 11 debtor’s attempt to assume landlord client’s commercial lease which had been the subject of years of litigation in state court, and successfully defended against debtor’s appeal of the order denying its attempt to assume the lease.
- Represented ad hoc committee of mechanics lienors in complex litigation, mediation, and trial of claims against Chapter 11 debtor’s secured lender.
News & Resources
Events & Speaking Engagements
- Same Sex Couples May Be Able to File Joint Bankruptcy Petitions, co-authored with David A. Blansky, The Nassau Lawyer (Nov. 2011)
- Recent Amendments to New York’s Exemption Laws, co-authored with Joseph S. Maniscalco, The Nassau Lawyer (Apr. 2011)
- LL.M. Thesis, Why Successor Liability Claims Are Not “Interests in Property” Under Section 363(f), 18 Am. Bankr. L. Rev. 697 (Winter 2010)
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Commercial Litigation
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness