Jon has broad experience, having represented clients in disputes involving intellectual property (trademark, trade secrets, false advertising, unfair competition and copyright), the FSIA, complex commercial transactions, corporate governance matters, consumer class actions, international and domestic discovery issues, as well as civil and criminal investigations. Jon has extensive experience resolving these disputes before state and federal trial and appellate courts in multiple jurisdictions, in addition to before arbitral tribunals and through mediation.
In addition, Jon has vigorously litigated on behalf of numerous pro bono clients in civil rights and other related matters.
Finally, Jon is also active within the firm, having served as a representative on the Associate Council, given multiple presentations on current cases and legal issues, and participated in many charity events.
- Obtained jury verdict of no copyright infringement on behalf of the world’s largest technical professional organization.
- Successfully defeated class certification on behalf of self-publishing services provider in putative class action alleging violations of state consumer protection laws.
- Successfully resolved legal malpractice claim brought on behalf of leading provider of imaging solutions against its former attorneys.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of former dental products manufacturer against former competitor’s claims of unfair competition and trade secret misappropriation.
- Successfully resolved dispute on behalf of internet content provider involving allegations of cybersquatting, and trademark infringement and dilution.
- Obtained award of substantial damages for licensing firm based on designer’s breach of licensing agreement.
- Worked to successfully reach mediated settlement on behalf of financial services provider engaged in dispute with co-branding partner.
- Advised clients with respect to use of DMCA to address infringing information posted on the internet.
- Advised various clients involved in civil and criminal investigations by state and federal authorities.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- Co-author, Chapter 21 of eDiscovery for Corporate Counsel, titled “The International Aspect of ESI Production”
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Electronic Discovery
- Government Solutions & Investigations
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Trade
- Trademark & Copyright