Dave is a Partner in Dorsey's Corporate Group. He focuses his practice on corporate and securities law. He advises companies from their initial formations to eventual sales or initial public offerings. His experience includes advising public and private companies with venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation, SEC reporting and regulatory matters, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, NASDAQ and NYSE compliance matters, and general corporate counseling and governance. In addition, Dave represents issuers and underwriters in public equity offerings.
Select Securities Offerings
- Issuer’s counsel for the initial public offering of People’s Utah Bancorp
- Issuer’s counsel for the initial public offering of Great Basin Scientific, Inc.
- Issuer’s counsel for the initial public offering of The Ensign Group, Inc.
- Underwriter's counsel for the initial public offering of Volcom, Inc.
- Underwriter’s counsel for the initial public offering of ASV Holdings, Inc.
- Issuer’s counsel for multiple public offerings of Avinger, Inc.
- Issuer’s counsel for Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.’s $135 million registered secondary offering of Class A Common Stock
- Issuer’s counsel for two Franklin Covey Co. issuer tender offers
- Issuer’s counsel for multiple follow-on offerings of SINTX Technologies, Inc. (f/k/a Amedica Corporation) Issuer’s Counsel for Follow-on Offering for Profire Energy, Inc.
- Underwriter’s Counsel for the Follow-on Offering of Global Water Resources, Inc.
- Issuer’s counsel for multiple registered direct and follow-on offerings for Perseon Corporation
- Issuer’s counsel for multiple public offerings of Purple Innovation, Inc.
- Issuer’s counsel for multiple public offerings of Lipocine, Inc.
Select Merger and Acquisitions Transactions
- Represented Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. in multiple acquisitions
- Represented Workfront, Inc. in its acquisition of ProofHQ
- Represented People’s Utah Bancorp in multiple acquisitions
- Represented NI Holdings, Inc. in its acquisition of Direct Auto Insurance Corporation
- Represented Franklin Covey Co. in multiple acquisitions
- Represented Lyons Magnus, Inc. in its acquisition by Sierra Acquisition, Inc., an affiliate of Paine Schwartz Food Chain Fund IV, L.P.
- Represented Wawona Packing Co., LLC in its acquisition by Paine Schwartz Food Chain Fund IV, A, L.P.
- Represented Spillman Technologies, Inc. in its acquisition by Motorola Solutions, Inc.
- Represented Perseon Corporation in its attempted tender offer/merger with Galil Medical and in its subsequent section 363 sale
- Represented L.A.R. manufacturing in its sale
- Represented Western-Fuels Colorado in its acquisition of the Colowyo Coal Mine from Rio Tinto
- Represented iArchives, Inc. in its sale to Ancestry.com Inc.
- Represented a large international resources company in the sale of its interest in an Alaska gold mine.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
“Securities Law Issues in Private Company M&A.,” Utah State Bar, Securities Section, 2018
“Executive Compensation Issues for Public Companies,” Utah State Bar, Business Law Section, 2018
"Capital Raising Alternatives -- Overview and Selected Legal Issues," Seminar, 2009
"Executive Compensation Disclosure Rules," Utah State Bar, Securities Section, 2006
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Ranked one of "America's Leading Business Lawyers" by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A), 2009-2020
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2014-2021
- Listed in Utah Business Magazine Legal Elite, Corporate Law and Transactions, 2015-2020
- Listed as a Salt Lake City Super Lawyer, 2010, 2012-2014, 2017-2019
- Listed as a Mountain States Rising Star, 2010, 2012-2014
- IFLR1000 Highly Regarded – State, 2019-2021