Dave is a Partner in Dorsey's Corporate Group. He focuses his practice on corporate and securities law. He advises companies from their initial formations to eventual sales or initial public offerings. His experience includes advising public and private companies with venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation, SEC reporting and regulatory matters, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, NASDAQ and NYSE compliance matters, and general corporate counseling and governance. In addition, Dave represents issuers and underwriters in public equity offerings.
Select Securities Offerings
- Issuer’s counsel for the initial public offering of People’s Utah Bancorp
- Issuer’s counsel for the initial public offering of Great Basin Scientific, Inc.
- Issuer’s counsel for the initial public offering of The Ensign Group, Inc.
- Underwriter's counsel for the initial public offering of Volcom, Inc.
- Issuer’s counsel for Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.’s $135 million registered secondary offering of Class A Common Stock
- Issuer’s counsel for two Franklin Covey Co. issuer tender offers
- Issuer’s counsel for follow-on offerings of Amedica Corporation
- Issuer’s Counsel for Follow-on Offering for Profire Energy, Inc.
- Issuer’s counsel for multiple registered director and follow-on offerings for Perseon Corporation
Select Merger and Acquisitions Transactions
- Represented Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. in multiple acquisitions
- Represented Workfront, Inc. in its acquisition of ProofHQ
- Represented People’s Utah Bancorp in its acquisition of Lewiston Bancorp
- Represented L.A.R. manufacturing in its sale
- Represented Western-Fuels Colorado in its acquisition of the Colowyo Coal Mine from Rio Tinto
- Represented iArchives, Inc. in its $27 million sale to Ancestry.com Inc.
- Represented a large international resources company in the $245 million sale of its interest in an Alaska gold mine.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
"Capital Raising Alternatives -- Overview and Selected Legal Issues," Seminar, 2009
"Executive Compensation Disclosure Rules," Utah State Bar, Securities Section, 2006
Industries & Practices
- Capital Markets
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mining & Natural Resources
- Private Equity
- Pro Bono
- Ranked one of "America's Leading Business Lawyers" by Chambers USA (Corporate/M&A), 2009-2017
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America©, 2014-2018
- Listed in Utah Business Magazine Legal Elite, Corporate Law and Transactions, 2015-2017
- Listed as a Salt Lake City Super Lawyer, 2010, 2012-2014, 2017
- Listed as a Mountain States Rising Star, 2010, 2012-2014