CHRIS WORKS EFFICIENTLY FOR HIS CLIENTS TO PROVIDE WINNING RESULTS.
Education & Admissions
University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D, 2006), summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Arizona Law Review Articles Editor
Weber State University (B.A., 2003), summa cum laude, Top Graduating Senior College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Top Graduating Senior Department of Psychology
- English & Spanish
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, Judicial Extern Magistrate Judge Charles Pyle, 2005-2006
- US Hotel Advisors v. TRCF Redondo Hotel (Utah 3rd Dist. Ct. 2019) Won a multi-day trial resulting in a seven figure recovery of an unpaid broker fee.
- Goulding & Associates v. Advanced Comfort Technologies (Utah 4th Dist. Ct. 2018) In a multi-day trial, defeated all claims brought by a consultant seeking millions of dollars for breach of alleged consulting agreement.
- Honeywell Intern. Inc. v. Utah ITX Partners (Utah 3d Dist. Ct. 2016) Obtained a preliminary injunction enjoining the landlord from leasing space to a competitor in violation of the lease.
- After a five-day evidentiary hearing, obtained a preliminary injunction shutting down the competitive company formed by a former executive of the client in violation of non-competition provisions in the executive’s contract (Utah 3d Dist. Ct. 2017).
- Landance LLC v. Alta Auction, LLC (Utah 3d Dist. Ct. 2017) Obtained an order of eviction and judgment for damages from landlord’s tenant.
- Phillip C. Ellis et al. v. Primary Children’s Medical Center, et al. (D. Utah 2016) Won dismissal of a civil rights lawsuit against a treating physician, which was affirmed by the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Geringer v. Castle Arch Real Estate Investment Company (Bankr. Utah 2013) In multi-day trial, defeated claimants' multi-million dollar claim for breach of contract.
- Butler v. Ford Motor Company et al. (2nd Dist Ct. Nevada 2013) Product liability action for wrongful death alleging exposure to asbestos-containing products. The case was dismissed following exclusion of plaintiff’s medical causation expert testimony.
- Smith v. Ford Motor Company et al. (D. Utah 2013) Product liability action for wrongful death. Court excluded Plaintiff’s causation expert testimony.
- Glass Apps, L.L.C. v. Kodiak Properties, L.L.C. (3rd Dist. Ct. Utah 2015) Prevailed on motion to dismiss plaintiff’s claim for breach of contract and specific performance.
- Various Plaintiffs v. Ford Motor Company (3rd Dist. Ct. Utah) Prevailed on summary judgment in numerous cases brought against Ford claiming a defect in the vehicle’s speed control disconnect switch.
- Boam v. LG Electronics (D. Utah 2011) Represented manufacturer against claim that alleged defect in microwave caused home fire. Case resolved favorably on eve of trial.
- Debra Brown v. State of Utah (Utah 2013) Won the exoneration and release of a woman from prison where she served 18 years for a crime she did not commit.
- Mahoney v. Cash America (3rd Dist. Ct. Utah 2012) Prevailed at trial on claim against pawn shop for conversion.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- ERISA Litigation
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Products Liability
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
Professional & Civic
- State Bar of Utah
- American Inns of Court
- Defense Research Institute
- Direct Sales Association – Affiliate Member
- Rocky Mountain Innocence Center, 2013 to present (2013-2019 Board of Directors; 2014-2016 President; 2014 to present Case Review Committee)
- Volunteer Attorney, Rocky Mountain Innocence Center, 2009 to 2012
- Board of Directors, Children’s Service Society, 2008 to 2012 (President 2011 to 2012)
- Coach, Evergreen Junior High School Debate Team (2017 to Present)
- Ongoing Pro Bono Representations of Asylum Applicants
- Named one of Utah’s Legal Elite (Civil Litigation) by Utah Business Magazine, 2015-2020
- Alumnus of the Year, Weber State University, Department of Psychology, 2015
- Listed as a Mountain States Rising Star, 2014-2016
- 2011 Utah State Bar Association Pro Bono Attorney of the Year
- 2011 Federal Bar Association’s Elaine R. “Boots” Fisher Award for exemplary community, public and charitable service