A PARTNER IN DORSEY’S TRIAL GROUP, BRYAN HELPS CLIENTS PROSECUTE AND DEFEND COMPLEX COMMERCIAL DISPUTES IN STATE COURT, FEDERAL COURT, AND MULTIPLE ARBITRATION FORUMS.
Bryan has extensive experience with, and regularly represents clients in, matters litigated in state and federal courts and various arbitration forums, including the AAA and FINRA.
A primary focus of his practice is representing clients in the financial services industry in customer and industry disputes brought before FINRA arbitration panels. Bryan also represents clients in other securities-related matters, including the representation of publicly-traded companies and their officers and/or directors in shareholder, class action lawsuits, at the district court and appellate levels. In addition to his securities-related experience, he represents clients in complex construction litigation matters (both in court and arbitration forums), insurance coverage matters, reinsurance intermediary litigation, and privacy-related litigation, guiding clients from case inception to conclusion, at all times focusing on the provision of strategic advice to his clients.
Education & Admissions
Marquette University Law School (J.D., 2003), summa cum laude
Marquette University (B.A. in history, political science, social philosophy, 2000), summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Alpha Sigma Nu
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Representation of broker dealers in securities, customer arbitrations brought before FINRA arbitration panels, including matters relating to tenancy-in-common and other investments
- Representation of construction contractor in multi-party arbitration proceeding involving claims in excess of $800 million; Bryan was a member of Dorsey’s trial team that represented the client in a seven-week arbitration hearing in 2015
- Representation of subcontractor in multi-party dispute relating to claims for extra costs and delay damages
- Representation of clients in “data breach” proceedings, including the successful defense of such claims at the motion to dismiss stage, affirmed upon appellate review
- Representation of publicly-traded companies and their officers and/or directors in shareholder, class action lawsuits, both before district and appellate courts
- Defense of reinsurance intermediary or broker in professional negligence matters involving sufficiency of reinsurance procured and risk transfer issues, including representation of intermediary in Minnesota, California, and Louisiana state court actions, and in an action brought in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Representation of clients in insurance coverage matters brought in a series of jurisdictions, relating to coverage for long-tail liability and other products claims, as well as construction claims
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction & Design
- Construction Litigation
- Consumer Financial Services
- Insurance Law
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement
Professional & Civic
- Former Board Member, House of Charity, Inc.
- Member, Jesuit Partnership Council of the Twin Cities
- Pro bono legal work includes representation of non-profit organizations in litigation matters, as well as provision of advice regarding transaction and governance issues; also represented clients in immigration court and housing court