CHRISTOPHER’S PRACTICE FOCUSES ON GENERAL COMMERCIAL LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, COMPLEX LITIGATION AND CLASS ACTION DEFENSE, LICENSING DISPUTES, INSURANCE DEFENSE, AND TRADE SECRETS, UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES AND ANTITRUST LITIGATION AND COUNSELING.
Christopher is a partner in the Trial group and a member of the Electronic Discovery and Class Action Litigation Practice groups, among others. He has also assisted in conducting internal investigations, represented broker-dealers in securities arbitrations, defended clients in securities class action lawsuits, represented shareholders and owners in "business divorce" and other cases, and defended manufacturers in products liability litigation.
Christopher's broad experience includes the defense of consumer products manufacturers and distributors, publishers, and other clients in deceptive and unfair sales/trade practices class actions; the prosecution and defense of licensing claims on behalf of entertainment and apparel companies; the prosecution of computer fraud and trade secret misappropriation claims on behalf of a major defense contractor; antitrust class action lawsuit defense and counseling work for numerous clients, including major radio network clients during a merger and a major consumer electronics distributor in litigation; defense of a large retailer in a class action lawsuit alleging violation of federal consumer credit statutes; the prosecution and defense of claims on behalf of insurers in large scale insurance fraud cases; defense of surety bond issuers in connection with claims on large commercial bonds; internal investigation work in connection with the securities fraud indictment of a foreign bank; and the defense of clients in a wide variety of products litigation, including those with significant asbestos and lead paint liabilities.
Christopher has also dedicated much time to pro bono matters, including the representation of neglected and abused children in litigation against New York City's child services agency and against state juvenile detention center personnel, and the representation of detainees in human rights litigation. He is also a member of the Boards of Directors of the New York City Coalition Against Hunger and of the Center for Family Representation.
Education & Admissions
New York University School of Law (J.D., 1995), cum laude
Harvard University (1992), magna cum laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Defend various clients, including major consumer electronics distributor, publisher, and arbitration provider, in various deceptive trade practices and antitrust class action lawsuits
- Prosecute and defend in arbitration entertainment and apparel company clients in licensing agreement and contract breach claims
- Represented major surety bond issuers in defense of claims on large commercial bonds in Enron and Enron-related litigations, obtaining first published decision vitiating attorney-client privilege in an Enron-related litigation. See 349 B.R. 115 (Bankr. S.D.N.Y. Aug. 25, 2006)
- Defend life insurer in large-scale, complex fraud cases
- Counsel clients on various antitrust issues, including in connection with government scrutiny of proposed corporate combinations (e.g., major radio network merger), dealer termination, and price discrimination.
- Prosecuted computer fraud and trade secret misappropriation claims on behalf of leading defense contractor
- Defend and prosecute shareholder claims, represent clients in "business divorce" disputes, defend companies and their directors in securities class action litigation, and defend broker-dealers in arbitration
- Defended clients in a variety of product liability suits, including national coordinating and trial counsel work in connection with the defense of thousands of cases brought against asbestos manufacturer and against asbestos insulator clients
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
"Fundamentals of In-House Privilege," Association of Corporate Counsel (New York Chapter), June 24, 2008
"Electronic Discovery Under the Amended FRCP: New Stakes for Corporate Data Management & Litigation," Association of Corporate Counsel/New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association, March 22, 2007
"Spoilation Under Rules 26(b)(2) & 37(f): Shield in Hand, Sword in Sheath," Association of Corporate Counsel/New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association, March 22, 2007
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Banking and Financial Institutions
- Class Action Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Consumer Financial Services
- Electronic Discovery
- Health Care
- Labor & Employment
- Pro Bono
- Securities & Financial Services Litigation & Enforcement