John advises public and private companies, as well as private equity firms, on U.S. and cross-border corporate transactions, including acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and reorganizations. He has worked on strategic transactions across a variety of industries, including defense, finance, food and beverage, healthcare, manufacturing, media and entertainment, pharmaceutical and real estate.
Prior to joining Dorsey & Whitney LLP, John practiced for several years in the Mergers and Acquisitions group at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in New York.
Education & Admissions
University of Iowa College of Law (Juris Doctor, 2017),
- High Distinction
- Order of the Coif
- Award for Outstanding Scholastic Achievement
- Randy J. Holland Award for Corporate Scholarship
- Iowa Law Review, Contributing Editor
Johns Hopkins University (Master of Arts in History, 2009), Four-year BA/MA program scholar
Johns Hopkins University (Bachelor of Arts in History and German, 2009),
- University Honors
- History Departmental Honors
- New York
- A privately held health care company in its $2.1 billion all-stock acquisition by a U.S. public company.
- A portfolio company of private equity firm in its acquisition of the commercial health insurance payer-focused products business from a U.S. public company.
- A pet food manufacturing company in the sale of its private label pet food business.
- A food and beverage company in its worldwide corporate reorganization.
- A publicly traded specialty pharmaceutical company in its acquisition by a Canadian public company.
- A portfolio company of private equity firm in its acquisition of a U.K. privately held defense company and its subsidiaries.
- A special purpose acquisition company in its $1 billion merger with a consumer products company.
- A private equity firm in the sale of an infrastructure-focused portfolio company to another private equity firm.
Industries & Practices
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity