BILL'S PRACTICE FOCUSES ON CORPORATE LAW AND MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS.
Bill has been a partner in the Corporate group for twenty-five years, and is Chair of the Closely Held Businesses practice group and of the Mergers & Acquisitions practice group. His practice focuses on corporate law and mergers and acquisitions for both publicly held and closely held companies. He serves as general counsel for numerous small and medium-size businesses without in-house counsel.
Bill has substantial experience in advising clients on corporate formations, financings, mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, commercial contracts, shareholder agreements, shareholder disputes, succession planning and tax planning.
Bill is a past member of the firm's Policy Committee for eight years (2003-2011) and currently a member of the Board of Directors of Dorsey & Whitney Foundation.
Education & Admissions
University of Iowa College of Law (J.D., 1983), with distinction
Senior Articles Editor, Iowa Law Review
St. Olaf College (B.A., Economics, 1980), with honors
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, Chief Judge Donald Lay
- UnitedHealth Group, Inc.
- SUPERVALU INC.
- C. H. Robinson Worldwide, Inc.
- Thomson Reuters
- Mayo Clinic
- The Schwan Food Company
- Concordia Healthcare Corp.
- Cretex Companies, Inc.
- Brock White Company
- DecoPac, Inc.
- Personnel Decisions International Corporation
- Minnetronix, Inc.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Adjunct Professor of Law, Corporations, Hamline Law School
Adjunct Professor of Law, Business Planning, St. Thomas Law School
Lecturer at legal education seminars on mergers and acquisitions, corporate formations and shareholder disputes
Industries & Practices
- Closely Held Businesses
- Emerging Companies
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Health Care
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
Professional & Civic
- Member, Minnesota Bar Association
- Member, Hennepin County Bar Association
- Current and Prior Board of Directors:
- Science Museum of Minnesota (Member of Executive Committee and Governance Committee; Chair of Building Preservation Committee)
- Walker Art Center (Member of Acquisition Committee and Chair of Corporate Giving Committee)
- Dorsey & Whitney Foundation (Secretary, Treasurer)
- Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce (2007-2015; Chair 2013 and 2014)
- Minneapolis Downtown Council (2013-2014)
- Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest (2002-2008)
- Rochester Public Library Foundation (1996-2002)
- Rochester Public School Foundation (1998-2002)