CARSTEN HAS MORE THAN 15 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE EXTENDING ACROSS A FULL RANGE OF CORPORATE TRANSACTIONAL WORK, INCLUDING PRIVATE EQUITY AND VENTURE CAPITAL TRANSACTIONS AND CROSS-BORDER MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS, COMPLEX CORPORATE REORGANISATIONS AND JOINT VENTURES, WITH A PARTICULAR EXPERTISE IN TRANSACTIONS THAT TOUCH THE NORDIC REGION.
As well as acting for institutional investors, Carsten regularly guides founders and management teams through private equity backed transactions or sales to corporate acquirers.
Carsten is a Norwegian speaker and has a strong focus on the Nordics. Carsten acts for some of the largest listed companies in the Nordic region as well as smaller businesses and individuals or groups of individuals, helping to provide them with a full range of legal services from across the Dorsey network. Carsten is currently a Council member of the Norwegian British Chamber of Commerce, formerly a member of the Norway Day Committee in London and an active member of the Norwegian business community in London.
Carsten also has a successful sports practice; regularly acting for a global sports media business on high-profile corporate deals across a number of different sports. Carsten’s sport of choice is tennis where he has represented Norway and been world ranked at senior (veteran) level and he recently captained and represented his club when they won the 35+ European Club Championships in Turkey.
- Advising DAZN on its joint venture and commercial arrangements with Matchroom Sports to establish Matchroom Boxing USA and, subsequently, Matchroom Boxing Italy.
- Advising DAZN on its joint venture with Endeavor/IMG to establish FC Diez Media and on the subsequent sale of DAZN’s stake in FC Diez Media to IMG/Endeavor.
- Advising Orkla Food Ingredients on its acquisition of Denali Ingredients.
- Advising the management team of Alexander Mann Solutions on its sale to OMERS Private Equity.
- Advising the shareholders of Peoplevox (including Index Ventures) on its sale to Descartes.
- Advising Kogenta on its acquisitions of FluxLoop and Urban Analytix.
- Advising the management team of Tampnet on its MBO backed by 3i and ATP.
- Advising the shareholders of Arts Alliance Media on its sale to Luxin-Rio.
- Advising Graphite Capital on its minority investment in Nurture Landscapes.
- Advising Elkem on its acquisition of TM Technology.
- Advising Otello Corporation (fka Opera Software) on its sale of Vewd Software (fka Opera TV).
- Advising AgriBriefing (then a portfolio company of Horizon Capital) on its acquisition of Urner Barry.
- Advising Primary Capital on the management buyout of Paperchase from Borders Group.
- Advising Gamesys on the sale of its JackpotJoy, Starspins and Botemania businesses to listed Canadian company The Intertain Group.
- Advising Warner Music Group on its acquisition of the Parlophone label (formerly a part of EMI Music and home to artists including Coldplay, Kylie Minogue and Pink Floyd) from Universal Music Group.
- Advising Cineworld Group on its acquisition of Picturehouse Cinemas.
- Advising the shareholders of Hunter Boot on a sale of a majority stake to funds managed by Searchlight Capital Partners.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity