Carsten’s practice focuses on institutional-facing private equity transactions, including management buy-outs and buy-ins and development capital deals. Carsten also regularly guides individuals and management teams through private equity backed transactions.
Carsten is a Norwegian speaker and has a strong focus on the Nordics; helping clients with inbound investments into the Nordics and outbound investments from the Nordics.
- Advising the shareholders (including Graphite Capital) of Alexander Mann Solutions, the market leading recruitment process outsourcing business, on its sale to funds managed by New Mountain Capital.
- Advising the shareholders of Dr. Organic, the award-winning producer of bioactive skincare products, on their sale to NBTY, a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group.
- Advising the shareholders (including Livingbridge) of Encore Tickets, the leading distributor and retailer of theatre and musical tickets in the West End, on its sale to ECI.
- Advising Lyceum Capital on the management buy-out of Style Research, a portfolio analytics business serving the global investment community.
- Advising Better Capital on its acquisition of the UK and Irish business of Spicers, a pan-European supplier of stationery and office products, which was previously a subsidiary of DS Smith, from Unipapel.
- Advising Primary Capital on the management buyout of leading stationery retailer Paperchase from Borders Group.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advising Gamesys, the leading online bingo business, on the sale of its JackpotJoy, Starspins and Botemania businesses to listed Canadian company The Intertain Group.
- Advising the shareholders of Eclipse Energy Group, an Anglo-Norwegian provider of market leading data, analysis and price forecasts in the natural gas and power sector, on its sale to Platts, a division of McGraw-Hill Financial.
- Advising Warner Music Group on its acquisition of the Parlophone label (formerly a part of EMI Music and home to artists including Coldplay, Kylie Minogue and Pink Floyd) from Universal Music Group.
- Advising Cineworld Group on its acquisition of Picturehouse Cinemas, the UK's leading art-house cinema operator and owner of 21 cinemas comprising 60 screens.
- Advising the multi-jurisdictional shareholders of ODS-Petrodata, a data provider in the oil and gas sector headquartered in Norway, on their sale to IHS.
- Advising the shareholders (Pentland Group, Lord Marland of Odstock, Peter Mullen and Julian Taylor) of Hunter Boot, the UK manufacturer of the iconic Wellington boot, on a sale of a majority stake to funds managed by Searchlight Capital Partners.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity