Carsten’s practice focuses on institutional-facing private equity transactions, including management buy-outs and buy-ins and development capital deals. Carsten also regularly guides individuals and management teams through private equity backed transactions.
Carsten is a Norwegian speaker and has a strong focus on the Nordics; helping clients with inbound investments into the Nordics and outbound investments from the Nordics.
- Advising Perform Group on its joint venture and commercial arrangements with Matchroom Sports to establish Matchroom Boxing USA.
- Advising Perform Group on its joint venture with IMG to establish FC Diez Media.
- Advising the management team of Alexander Mann Solutions on its sale to OMERS Private Equity.
- Advising the shareholders of Arts Alliance Media on its sale to Luxin-Rio.
- Advising Graphite Capital on its sale of TMP Worldwide to PeopleScout.
- Advising the management team and founders of price comparison websites Energy Helpline and UK Web Media in their merger to form Comparison Technologies with backing from funds managed by Inflexion Private Equity.
- Advising Elkem on its acquisition of TM Technology.
- Advising Otello Corporation (fka Opera Software) on its sale of Vewd Software (fka Opera TV).
- Advising the shareholders of Dr. Organic on its sale to NBTY (a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group).
- Advising AgriBriefing (a portfolio company of Lyceum Capital) on its acquisition of Urner Barry.
- Advising Primary Capital on the management buyout of Paperchase from Borders Group.
- Advising Gamesys on the sale of its JackpotJoy, Starspins and Botemania businesses to listed Canadian company The Intertain Group.
- Advising Warner Music Group on its acquisition of the Parlophone label (formerly a part of EMI Music and home to artists including Coldplay, Kylie Minogue and Pink Floyd) from Universal Music Group.
- Advising Cineworld Group on its acquisition of Picturehouse Cinemas, the UK's leading art-house cinema operator and owner of 21 cinemas comprising 60 screens.
- Advising the shareholders of Hunter Boot on a sale of a majority stake to funds managed by Searchlight Capital Partners.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity