ALAN HAS EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN DOMESTIC AND CROSS-BORDER MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS, PUBLIC TAKEOVERS AND JOINT VENTURES.
Alan is a partner in the London office of Dorsey & Whitney and a member of Dorsey’s Corporate Group.
Alan has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers and joint ventures as well as advising issuers on IPO’s and secondary issues on AIM and the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange. Alan also advises on a broad range of other transactional work including private equity and venture capital as well as corporate group re-organisations and capital restructuring. Alan focuses on oil and gas, where he works regularly for field service companies in the UK and Norwegian Continental Shelf, West Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Alan’s sector focus also includes healthcare where he advises private healthcare organisations on transactions covering procurement processes, licencing rights as well as bespoke contractual structures, mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures covering GP practices, pharmacies and other NHS organisations. Alan is ranked by International Financial Law Review in its annual guide IFLR 1000 and by Legal 500 in relation to his M&A expertise.
- Advising Motor Fuel Group Management on the £2.3 billion “merger” of MRH and MFG and associated rollover arrangements backed by CD&R
- Advising shareholders on the sale of Lloyd’s agent Argenta Holdings to Hannover Re for £130 million
- Advising Optum Health on its investment in an NHS “Accountable Care Organisation” with a group of GP’s
- Advising Abbot Group plc on the recommended public takeover offer, implemented by means of a scheme of arrangement, by First Reserve Corporation. The transaction valued Abbot Group at £906 million and the total enterprise value of the transaction at approximately $3 billion
- Advising a large International oil support services business on the establishment of separate joint ventures in Nigerian and Angola with local partners for the fabrication of assets for use in the onshore and offshore oil and gas industry
- Advising Abbot Group on the £247 million recommended cash offer for Norwegian drilling rig owner, Songa Drilling AS and a new £800 million financing facility for the enlarged group
- Advising Aker Solutions on its purchase of I.D.E.A.S an asset integrity business based in the UK
- Advising the management team of CALA Homes on the £210 million buyout by Patron Capital and Legal & General from Lloyds Bank
- Advising the management team of Motor Fuel Group on the buyout of 58 petrol stations by Patron Capital
- Advising RAC plc, on the £80 million sale of their Truck Rental business to Fraikin Ltd
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Oil & Gas