ALAN HAS EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE IN DOMESTIC AND CROSS-BORDER MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS, PUBLIC TAKEOVERS AND JOINT VENTURES.
A partner in Dorsey’s Corporate groups in the London office, Alan also specializes in advising public companies and their advisers on all types of Stock Exchange transactions, including initial public offerings and secondary issues such as placings and rights issues.
Alan has extensive experience in domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, public takeovers and joint ventures as well as advising issuers on IPO’s and secondary issues on AIM and the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange. Alan’s practice also focuses on oil and gas, where he works regularly for field service companies in the UK and Norwegian Continental Shelf, West Africa, Asia and the Middle East. Alan’s expertise also covers healthcare where he advises private healthcare organisations on transactional issues including corporate and contractual structures as well as mergers and acquisitions covering GP practices, pharmacies and NHS Trusts.
- Advising Abbot Group plc on the recommended public takeover offer, implemented by means of a scheme of arrangement, by First Reserve Corporation. The transaction valued Abbot Group at £906 million and the total enterprise value of the transaction at approximately $3 billion.
- Advising JKX Oil & Gas plc on the hostile and subsequently Recommended Offer by Ramco Energy plc.
- Advising Deutsche Asset Management and Deutsche Private Equity in relation to UK Takeover Compliance issues generally and on a number of takeovers.
- Advising Bidlet AB and its controlling shareholders on the takeover by QXL.com plc (£313 million).
- Advising Abbot Group Plc in relation to the Recommended Offer for Prosafe A/S (£500 million).
- Advising Yattendon Investment Trust plc in its Recommended Offer for Marina Developments plc.
- Advising Abbot Group in relation to its hostile offer for Oil Inspection Services plc.
- Advising World of Leather plc in relation to the Recommended Offer by Uno plc.
- Advising Brieley Investments Limited in relation to its hostile takeover of Thistle Hotels plc.
- Advising Abbot Group on the £247 million recommended cash offer for Norwegian drilling rig owner, Songa Drilling AS and a new £800 million financing facility for the enlarged group.
- Acting for Northern Ireland Energy Holdings Limited in respect of the establishment of a European Renewable Energy Fund (“EREF”) for infrastructure investment with early stage development projects in the renewable or sustainable energy or waste recycling industries.
- Advising KCA Deutag on the £75.4 million acquisition of Norwegian North Sea platform drilling contractor, Prosafe Drilling Services AS. The acquisition was accompanied by a fundraising placing of approximately 8.8 million new ordinary shares at a price of 230 pence per share to raise approximately £20 million.
- Advising Marlin Offshore International Limited on the acquisition of the Searex IX, Searex X, W.D. Kent and Charley Graves tender barges from Transocean International for approximately $100 million.
- Advising a large international oil support services business on the establishment of separate joint ventures in Nigeria and Angola with local partners for the fabrication of assets for use in the onshore and offshore oil and gas industry.
- Advising SeaEnergy plc on the raising of finance in relation to the “round 3” bids for the UK offshore wind farms.
- Pamplona Capital on the purchase of 3 tender barges for $250 million from GTB Pte a company listed on the Norwegian Stock Exchange.
- Advising Aker Solutions on its purchase of I.D.E.A.S an asset integrity business based in the UK.
- Advising the management team of CALA Homes on the £210 million buy out by Patron Capital and Legal & General from Lloyds Bank.
- Advising KCA Deutag on the acquisition for $400 million of 3 jack up rigs from Songa Drilling AS.
- Advising the management team of Motor Fuel Group on the buy out of 58 petrol stations by Patron Capital.
- Advising RAC plc on the disposal of Lex Harvey for £100 million by way of an auction sale process.
- Advising Parity Group on the sale of its resourcing solutions business in Germany and France to GFT Technologies AG, one of the leading European providers of innovative IT solutions.
- Advising RAC plc, on the £80 million sale of their Truck Rental business to Fraikin Ltd.
- Advising Aker Solutions on its £100 million acquisition of the wireline, coiled tubing & pumping services business of Qserv.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Oil & Gas