International law firm Dorsey & Whitney LLP announced today that its London office has received multiple practice area rankings in the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2014 edition. Below are extracts from the Legal 500 editorial section.
- With respect to M&A (Dorsey ranks Band 2 for Smaller Deals, Up To £50m), Legal 500 notes the 2013 addition of partner Alan Farkas boosting Dorsey’s strength in Oil & Gas and the continuing work of partners Mark Taylor and Max Beazley on various matters for Quindell.
- With respect to Flotations (Dorsey ranks Band 3 for Small and Mid-Cap), Legal 500 highlights Max Beazley’s representation of Cenkos Securities on the £70 million IPO of Rightster Group and Mark Taylor’s representation of Quindell in a £200 million placing.
- Legal 500 confirms that “Nicholas Burkill is the name to note” in Dorsey’s Civil Fraud practice (Dorsey ranks Band 4), which is recognized for its “strength in relation to UK and US corruption issues”, and further notes that “the team at Dorsey & Whitney is experienced in relation to interim powers such as freezing and search orders”.
- The Venture Capital practice at Dorsey (Dorsey ranks Band 5) is “particularly strong at handling work in the technology space and is accomplished throughout the lifecycle from incubation to strategic exit,” with Legal 500 noting in particular partner Frances Doherty’s representation of Earlybird Venture Capital on its €2.4 million investment in EyeEm.
- Dorsey ranks Band 7 for each of Commercial Litigation and Commercial Property.
Legal 500 has been published for over twenty-five years and provides the most comprehensive worldwide coverage currently available on legal services providers, in over 100 countries. The Legal 500 rankings can be viewed here.