Matthew is a corporate attorney with extensive experience representing U.S. and international companies, partnerships, investment funds and entrepreneurs on a variety of corporate finance, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Dorsey in February 2022, Matthew was an associate in the New York and London offices of a global law firm, predominantly advising Chinese, Australian and British corporate clients on high-profile international transactions. Matthew also undertook substantial client secondments where he gave corporate and commercial advice to FTSE 100 and ASX-listed real estate companies.
- Advised The Coca-Cola Company with respect to the complex reorganization of Coca-Cola Bottlers Manufacturing Holdings Limited (“CCBMH”). CCBMH, a joint venture entity founded by The Coca Cola Company (through two subsidiaries) and subsidiaries of Swire Group and COFCO (China’s largest state-owned food and agriculture company), through multiple subsidiaries provides preparation and packaging operations in relation to Coca Cola’s still beverages business across Mainland China. On completion of the transaction, the multiple subsidiaries of CCBMH in Mainland China will be transferred to and owned by Swire Group and COFCO, respectively, and The Coca-Cola Company will start its franchise partnership with Swire and COFCO regarding the still beverage bottling system in Mainland China.
- Advised the special committee of the board of a Cayman Islands company listed on the NASDAQ in its going-private transaction.
- Advised a US corporation on the acquisition of preferred stock and associated corporate restructuring.
- Advised a Chinese institutional investor in its PIPE investment into a SPAC listed on the NASDAQ.
- Advised a US corporation on its Series B investment round.
- Advised a US corporation on its issuance of convertible notes to US accredited investors.
- Advised Westfield on its £1.75 billion joint venture in respect of the Westfield Stratford City development, its £1.05 billion joint venture regarding the Merry Hill Shopping Centre, and its joint venture for a £1 billion redevelopment of Croydon retail centre, all in England, UK.
- Advised The British Land Company PLC (FTSE 100) on the establishment of a new holding company of a joint venture group and its listing on the Channel Islands Stock Exchange.
- Advised a UK investment fund on its cross-border management incentive program.
- Advised a broad range of Chinese clients across a range of sectors on proposed US inbound investments and acquisitions, with particular focus on CFIUS analysis and regulatory risk mitigation.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity