Matthew helps businesses achieve their strategic and commercial goals through advice on a broad range of international corporate and M&A transactions.
Matthew is a corporate attorney with extensive experience representing U.S. and international companies, partnerships, investment funds and entrepreneurs on a variety of corporate finance, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and corporate governance matters.
Prior to joining Dorsey in February 2022, Matthew was an associate in the New York and London offices of a global law firm, predominantly advising Chinese, Australian and British corporate clients on high-profile international transactions. Matthew also undertook substantial client secondments where he gave corporate and commercial advice to FTSE 100 and ASX-listed real estate companies.
- Advised Warburg Pincus LLC and certain of its affiliates in connection with ongoing portfolio company matters.
- Advised The Coca-Cola Company with respect to the complex reorganization of Coca-Cola Bottlers Manufacturing Holdings Limited.
- Advised Bank of China Limited in connection with ongoing corporate matters.
- Advised a large US software company on its sale by way of merger to a large private equity firm.
- Advised a B2B technology services company headquartered in the UK on its acquisition of a US business unit.
- Advised the special committee of the board of a Cayman Islands company listed on the NASDAQ in its going-private transaction.
- Advised a Chinese institutional investor in its PIPE investment into a SPAC listed on the NASDAQ.
- Advised Westfield on its £1.75 billion joint venture in respect of the Westfield Stratford City development, its £1.05 billion joint venture regarding the Merry Hill Shopping Centre, and its joint venture for a £1 billion redevelopment of Croydon retail centre, all in England, UK.
- Advised a UK investment fund on its cross-border management incentive program.
- Advised a broad range of Chinese clients across a range of sectors on proposed US inbound investments and acquisitions, with particular focus on CFIUS analysis and regulatory risk mitigation.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
Banking & Financial InstitutionsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Corporate Governance & ComplianceExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Energy & Natural ResourcesExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Food, Beverage & AgribusinessExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Healthcare & Life SciencesExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity