Victoria regularly defends employers before state and federal courts and administrative agencies in matters involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, and wage and hour issues. She also provides advice and counseling to clients to assist them in taking proactive steps to avoid litigation. Victoria has experience reviewing handbooks and other employment-related policies, as well as counseling employers on pre-employment testing, leave of absence management, and reductions in force.
During law school, Victoria served as a legal extern for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Education & Admissions
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2016)
University of Texas at El Paso (B.B.A., Finance, 2013)
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- English, Spanish
- Successfully represented financial services company in trying FINRA arbitration on a breach of contract claim. Obtained sanctions against opposing party awarding attorneys’ fees.
- Conducted internal investigation of c-suite executive on behalf of a non-profit board involving claims of sexual harassment of employee.
- Represented financial services company in a sex discrimination matter in the District of New Jersey, which resulted in a favorable resolution prior to summary judgment.
- Obtained dismissal on behalf of e-commerce company where former employee alleged age and race discrimination.
- Conducted bilingual training (in both Spanish and English) on employee workplace respect for factory workers in Texas and North Carolina.
News & Resources
- Presenter, Getting Started: Employment Law Basics for New Companies, August 2022
- Presenter, Employment Law – 2022 Year in Review and What to Expect in 2023, July 2022
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Development & Infrastructure
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Labor & Employment
- Labor & Employment Guides