Briana is an associate in Dorsey’s Labor & Employment practice group. She works with employers to develop effective workplace strategies and implement efficient policies and procedures to help manage employment risks. She advises companies of all sizes on an array of employment matters including leaves of absence, wage and hour laws, hiring, performance improvement, sensitive terminations, and other employment related policies.
When disputes are unavoidable, Briana draws on her strong litigation experience to defend her clients. She has successfully represented single and multi-plaintiff actions against claims for discrimination, harassment, retaliation, contract matters, and wage and hour suits, and has successfully settled many cases in favor of her clients.
She maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing clients seeking asylum in the United States and participation in a local housing legal clinic. Before coming to Dorsey, Briana worked for an international education-management company, supporting its efforts both in the United States and in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates to provide high quality, free or low-cost education to children in need.
Education & Admissions
Mitchell Hamline School of Law (J.D., 2018),
- summa cum laude
- Ten-time recipient of CALI “Excellence for the Future Award”
- Dean’s List 2015-2018
- ABA National Negotiation Competition 2017 Champion
- International Negotiation Competition 2017 Champion
University of Minnesota (B.A., Political Science and Religious Studies, 2010),
- Graduate of High Distinction
- Dean’s List 2008-2010
- Phi Kappa Phi
- North Dakota
- Loenbro Inspection, LLC v. Sommerfield, No. 18-CV-01943-PAB, 2018 WL 3659396 (D. Colo. Aug. 2, 2018): The U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado entered a temporary restraining order in favor of Dorsey’s client, a Montana-based oilfield services company. The order barred the company’s former employees from using its custom configurations for phased array ultrasonic testing equipment in violation of the federal Defend Trade Secrets Act.
News & Resources
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Antitrust & Competition Law
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Labor & Employment