Briana is an associate in Dorsey’s Labor & Employment group, where she represents clients in all areas of employment litigation, including: discrimination, harassment, retaliation, contract matters, and class action wage and hour suits. In addition, Briana advises clients with employment questions related to leave, wage and hour, hiring, performance improvement, termination, and other employment policies. She maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing clients seeking asylum in the United States and participation in a local housing legal clinic.
Before coming to Dorsey, Briana worked for an international education-management company, supporting its efforts both in the United States and in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates to provide high quality, free or low-cost education to children in need.
Education & Admissions
Mitchell Hamline School of Law (J.D., 2018),
- summa cum laude
- Ten-time recipient of CALI “Excellence for the Future Award”
- Dean’s List 2015-2018
- ABA National Negotiation Competition 2017 Champion
- International Negotiation Competition 2017 Champion
University of Minnesota (B.A., Political Science and Religious Studies, 2010),
- Graduate of High Distinction
- Dean’s List 2008-2010
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Loenbro Inspection, LLC v. Sommerfield, No. 18-CV-01943-PAB, 2018 WL 3659396 (D. Colo. Aug. 2, 2018): The U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado entered a temporary restraining order in favor of Dorsey’s client, a Montana-based oilfield services company. The order barred the company’s former employees from using its custom configurations for phased array ultrasonic testing equipment in violation of the federal Defend Trade Secrets Act.
News & Resources
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Labor & Employment