Dorsey & Whitney LLP has a new Government Solutions & Investigations (GSI) practice group, the international law firm announced today. The multi-disciplinary group covers government enforcement and corporate investigations (including white collar crime matters), government contracts/grants, international trade matters, and national security law.
“Today, it’s nearly impossible for businesses to function without interfacing with government,” says John Marti, GSI Practice Group Co-Chair. “Government business and government intervention can create both great opportunities and great hazards for clients. We look at that entire picture in advising clients on their government solutions.”
Dorsey’s GSI Group comprises experienced lawyers from offices around the world – including former senior federal and state prosecutors, judges, and regulators. The group includes more than 50 members across 12 of our offices.
Our multi-disciplinary team includes:
- Government Contracts Counseling & Litigation: Advising clients seeking or performing public-sector contracts and grants, including with bid protests, compliance advisory, and contract disputes
- Government Enforcement & Investigations: Advising clients who are or may be subject to state or federal government investigation or enforcement action, including with responding to grand jury subpoenas and civil investigative demands, defending against indictments, and developing compliance programs to avoid government scrutiny
- Export Controls, Economic Sanctions, & International Trade: Advising clients on the legal aspects of importing and exporting goods, technology, and services to and from the United States and on the various U.S. trade embargo and economic sanctions programs
- National Security Law: Advising clients on regulatory challenges of the foreign direct investment process in the United States and of the new outbound investment regime
As part of the practice group launch, Dorsey will present a series of CLE events this fall:
- September 20 - Your Company’s Secrets at Risk: What Every Company Should Know
- September 26 - 2023 Fraud & Corruption Conference
- October 18 - False Claims Act Forum
“Dorsey has been helping clients solve government-related issues for decades. Our new GSI group formalizes the connection among those partners and streamlines our associate development and matter staffing, all for the benefit of our clients,” says Beth Forsythe, GSI Practice Group Co-Chair.