With a network of 21 offices strategically located across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific, Dorsey has proven experience in all aspects of project development and finance covering numerous industries and serving a wide range of clients. Our experience includes investor-owned utilities, independent power producers, cooperatives, large industrial companies, banks, governmental agencies, private companies and others.
We combine our extensive experience with evolving financing techniques, our in-depth knowledge of the public-private partnership development model and our keen understanding of real estate, land use, construction and design and environmental matters in order to contribute significantly to a project’s success.
Our interdisciplinary teams draw on expertise throughout the firm, allowing us to:
- Assist with project development and finance efforts from the initial stages of the project through funding, completion and operation
- Advise and assist in obtaining, negotiating and documenting real estate and environmental and regulatory entitlements
- Advise on the feasibility, design, equipment selection and construction phases, including the negotiation and drafting of all construction, equipment supply, project and operational agreements
- Structure project investments and funding, including organizing funding vehicles, negotiating and drafting joint venture arrangements and financing agreements and offering materials for capital markets transactions
- Provide tax, securities, investment and regulatory advice
- Represent governmental and multilateral lending institutions
- Represent project participants and other entities in multiple project roles, including joint venture companies, sponsors, borrowers, guarantors, underwriters, lenders, advisors, contractors, suppliers and offtakers
Our depth of industry experience spans the full spectrum of projects, including:
- Renewable Energy (wind, ethanol, biodiesel, biomass)
- Oil and Gas
- Coal and Mining
- Landmark victory for RTD in Denver
- Pay for Success project expands Nurse-Family Partnership to improve health outcomes for first-time moms and their children
- Xcel Energy’s wind energy projects to benefit customers and the environment
- Building an award-winning transit hub at Target Field
- Innovative funding for Mall of America expansion
- Counsel to mining company in connection with $200 million project financing of precious metals mine in Nevada.
- Counsel to mining company in connection with $55 million project financing of a precious metals mine in Nevada.
- Counsel to purchaser in connection with the acquisition and project financing of a 100 million gallon ethanol production facility in North Dakota.
- Counsel to administrative agent with respect to project financing of a water desalinization facility in Massachusetts.
- Counsel to project company in connection with $423 million project financing (equity, subordinated debt and senior debt) and development of three 100-million gallon ethanol facilities, located in Indiana, Nebraska and Ohio.
- Counsel to project company in connection with $939 million leveraged lease financing ($179 million lease equity, $760 million rule 144A note issue) for development of a 400 MW coal plant in Arizona.
- Counsel to developer/borrower in connection with the structuring, negotiation and implementation of a $2.5 billion revolving construction credit facility, utilized to finance the construction of 14 state-of-the-art, natural gas-fired power plants located throughout the United States.
- Counsel to developer/borrower in connection with the structuring, negotiation and implementation of a $1 billion revolving construction credit facility, utilized to finance the construction of 8 state-of-the-art, natural gas-fired power plants located throughout the United States.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Construction & Design
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Lending Transactions
- Public Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships