With New York state bar license and PRC legal qualification, Justin is an associate at Dorsey’s Beijing office, focusing on cross-border commercial litigations and arbitrations in extraterritorial disputes. His practice areas also include economic sanctions, export control, financial services and other regulatory compliance. Prior to obtaining his J.D. degree in the U.S., he studied international politics at two of the most prestigious schools in this area in the U.S. and China, namely Politics Department of New York University and University of International Relations in China, which equips him with unique and insightful perspectives when he renders his services.
Justin has ample experience in advising Chinese and international clients, including renowned state-owned enterprises in China, U.S. and EU based multinational enterprises, and private companies, covering multiple sections, including banking, finance, mining, life science and TMT.
Before joining Dorsey, Justin worked at one of the largest Chinese law firms in Beijing.
Education & Admissions
Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (J.D., 2018)
Politics Department, New York University (M.A., 2014)
University of International Relations (B.A., 2012)
- New York
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Chinese (Native Speaker), English (Fluent)
- Provided legal services to a leading Chinese pharmaceutical company in its international arbitration and regulatory compliance matter.
- Represented a leading Chinese high-tech company in a patent infringement litigation proceeding in Delaware.
- Represented one of the largest state-owned shipping company of China in the internal investigation and potential criminal litigation proceeding initiated by the DOJ (possible violation of IEEPA and export control laws).
- Represented one of the largest state-owned financial institutions of China in the internal investigation and potential and criminal litigation proceeding (possible violation of IEEPA and other economic sanction and anti-money laundering laws).
- Provided legal services to one of the largest Chinese state-owned mining companies and its subsidiaries in China, Australia and D.R.C. in the litigation, arbitration and negotiation proceedings regarding the dispute with a D.R.C. company over the mining contract in Kinsevere in the D.R.C.
- Provided legal advices to one of the largest state-owned financial institutions of China in the investigation launched by DOJ, OFAC, Federal Reserve and NY Department of Financial Services (possible violation of money laundering laws).
- Represented one of the leading infrastructure company of China to handle the charges of corruption and fraud by the World Bank Group, conducted internal investigation, and successfully reached the settlement with the World Bank.
- Represented the one of the largest Chinese state-owned banks in the disputes to collect unpaid loan up to RMB 1 billion in the litigation proceedings across multiple jurisdictions like Canada, Barbados, BVI, Congo and Cayman Islands.
- Provided legal services to the largest Chinese state-owned enterprise in the testing, inspection and certification industry to establish a comprehensive compliance system and successfully assisted the Group to become the full member of the Testing, Inspection and Certification Council (TIC Council), the largest TIC organization in the world.
- Provided legal services to one of the largest Chinese state-owned machine import and export company to establish a comprehensive compliance system and drafted the international economic sanctions compliance program.
- Provided legal services to one of the largest Chinese dairy products producers to establish a comprehensive compliance system and drafted the anti-commercial bribery program.
News & Resources
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Litigation
- Energy & Natural Resources
- International Arbitration & Litigation
- National Security Law