Kerry Lee Andken
Kerry Lee is a senior associate in the Intellectual Property group. She prepares and prosecutes high tech patent applications such as for computer memory, medical devices, and machine learning. Kerry Lee manages prosecution of international patent portfolios, particularly in China, Korea, Japan, and Europe. She also manages prosecution of patent portfolios relating to industry standards.
In addition to patent prosecution, Kerry Lee drafts and negotiates agreements for technology transactions including intellectual property licenses, software licenses, research and collaboration agreements, and terms of service for websites and mobile applications. Kerry Lee also assists in due diligence for intellectual property in corporate transactions and advises on open-source licensing issues.
Education & Admissions
University of Washington School of Law (J.D.), Graduated with Honors
Keio University in Tokyo, Japan (Exchange Student)
University Of Massachusetts At Lowell (M.B.A., Finance), Beta Gamma Sigma
Boston University (M.S., Biomedical Engineering), Dean’s Fellowship
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (B.S., Biomedical Engineering), Graduated with High Distinction, Presidential Scholarship
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Conducted invention disclosure meetings, prepared patent applications, and prosecute patents in various technologies including:
- Electrical Devices, including computer memory, low power semiconductor devices, and energy storage
- Software, including image processing, machine learning, and medical data analytics
- Medical devices, including microfluidics, biosensors, catheters, cardiac implants, magnetic resonance imaging, and ultrasound
- Counseled clients on patent strategies, including techniques for expediting or delaying examination, drafting claims in light of industry standards, and development of a global portfolio footprint.
- Advised on compliance with Bayh-Dole Act for government funded inventions.
- Advised on virtual currencies and rewards programs for online gaming and social media platforms.
- Negotiated patent licenses and data use agreements with domestic and international entities.
- Advise on open-source licensing issues and compliance.
News & Resources
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
Healthcare & Life SciencesExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Intellectual Property LitigationExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & ManagementExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Emerging Companies
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Technology Commerce