Ting is an associate in Dorsey & Whitney’s corporate group and a member of the firm’s globally recognized U.S.-China practice group. Ting has been practicing for more than 11 years with top law firms in the U.S. and China, and has gained sophisticated experience in dealing with complicated projects. Her legal skills and experience in practicing both the U.S. law and Chinese law have enabled her to well serve clients’ growing cross-border legal needs and help clients achieve their business goals. She has advised clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies, private equity and venture capital funds to entrepreneurs and scientists.
Ting represents clients in domestic and cross border M&A transactions, both sell- and buy-side, private equity fund formations, strategic investments into industries and technology areas that represent the future economy, and also counsels clients in a variety of general corporate matters.
In addition to her transactional experience, Ting also works closely with our litigation teams in litigation prevention and risk management for corporate transactions, as well as in product liability defense matters.
General Corporate – Corporate Formation, Governance and Commercial Contracts
- Counseled Ninebot Limited, a portfolio company of Xiaomi Technologies and Sequoia Capital, in its general corporate, employment, IP and other matters
- Represented Fantasia Group, China’s largest property management conglomerate, in its expansion and operations in the U.S.
- Represented one of the largest dairy products companies in China in its expansion in the U.S.
- Represented a leading infrastructure construction company in China in its expansion in the U.S.
- Represented a leading Chinese specialty pharmaceutical company in the negotiation of a development and commercialization agreement for nebulized revefenacin product with a diversified biopharmaceutical company
- Represented a leading Chinese pharmaceutical company in the negotiation of a license agreement and a supply agreement for pulmonary surfactant product and medical device with an Irish biopharmaceutical company
- Represented a Chinese dental startup in the negotiation of a license agreement for invisible clear aligner with a U.S. company
- Represented a Chinese consumer product manufacturer and its U.S. subsidiary in the negotiation of multiple supply agreements with U.S. customers
Corporate Transactions – M&As, JVs and Investments
- Represented Eddingpharm Group, a leading pharmaceutical contract sales company in China, in connection with its acquisition of certain pharmaceutical product rights in China from Eli Lilly
- Represented H. J. Baker Sulphur Holdings, LLC in its acquisition and financing of Oxbow Sulphur Inc. and its worldwide sulphur business affiliates
- Represented Yili Group, the largest dairy products company in Asia, in its bidding for Stonyfield, the No. 1 organic yogurt maker in the United States, a subsidiary of Danone
- Representing CDH Investments, a top Chinese PE firm, in connection with multiple acquisitions and investments
- Representing a Hong Kong Stock Exchange listed real estate conglomerate in connection with its acquisitions of multiple real estate portfolios in the United States, including retirement living facilities, student housing projects and other commercial and mixed use properties
- Represented a U.S. maritime technology company in its sale to a Beijing-based Chinese public company
- Represented Johnson Controls in selling its China related automotive electronics business (a part of its global sales of automotive electronics business) to Visteon
- Represented a US leading auto components manufacturer, in selling part of its equity interest in a joint venture to its Chinese partner
- Represented a major multinational medical device manufacturer in the acquisition of its distributor
- Represented a leading Chinese ore processing company in its joint venture with a major Dutch company and a major US company
Private Equity Fund – Formation and Investments
- Represented a sponsor group in the organization of a $150 million private equity fund
- Represented an investment fund in its secondary transactions acquiring over $500 million of limited partner commitments
- Represented a family office in its investments in multiple single-investment SPV funds organized to invest in China based pre-IPO, growth-stage companies
- Represented a Chinese state-owned asset management company (with AUM of over RMB one trillion yuan) in its investment in a $650 million private debt fund
- Represented a private equity fund (with AUM of $250 million) in its reorganization
- Represented HSBC and other underwriters for Citic Pacific (00267.HK)’ s USD 4.5 billion Euro Medium Term Notes (EMTN) Program and its updates
- Represented China Lodging Group, Limited (NASDAQ:HTHT), a leading economy hotel chain operator in China, on its listing on NASDAQ and its annual filing
- Advised shareholders of U.S. public companies on Rule 144 transactions
Solving Problems – Risk Management, Product Liability Defense
- Represented minority shareholders in protecting their rights and economic stakes in several controlling shareholder dominated situations
- Represented multiple Chinese companies in handing their disputes with U.S. distributors and customers
- Represented a Chinese home appliance manufacturer in handling its product recall in the U.S. and Canada, including negotiating with its U.S. distributor regarding allocation of recall liabilities, preparing responses to CPSC, implementing recall plan and coordinating with insurance carriers
- Represented a Chinese consumer product manufacturer in handling a potential product recall in the U.S.
- Represented multiple Chinese manufacturers in handling their product liabilities matters in the U.S., including engaging and coordinating adjusters, negotiating settlement agreements with claimants
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Products Liability