Molly advises international businesses in complex transactions, focusing on Chinese domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, and general corporate matters.
Molly has five years of private practice experience in the Chicago and Shanghai offices of an international law firm prior to joining Dorsey.
Working with clients in a global context, coupled with her sensitivity to legal and business matters, Molly has a differentiated ability to assist clients to navigate multi-jurisdictional transactions. Molly is also dedicated to solving problems for the clients on more routine matters by applying project management practices.
Education & Admissions
Northwestern University (LLM, 2017)
East China University of Political Science and Law (LLB, 2014)
Shanghai International Studies University (B.A., Economics, 2014)
- People’s Republic of China (currently inactive)
- English (proficient), Mandarin Chinese (native), Shanghai Dialect (native)
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Advised a leading global investment firm on its acquisition of an insulation company for USD 1 billion;
- Assisted an SZSE-listed company in an auction for the acquisition of a multi-national company in the agriculture industry;
- Represented a private company in its acquisition of interests in an Indonesian crude oil field from a Chinese state-owned company;
- Represented a private company in its acquisition of a photovoltaic asset in Iran from a British company;
- Represented a state-owned company in its acquisition of a mining facility in Xinjiang, China.
- Represented a car battery company in its series A equity financing from a Chinese stated-owned investment firm;
- Represented an AI-biotech company in its series seed and series pre-A equity financing from several private equity firms;
- Represented a leading investment firm in its exchangeable bond investment in a cloud computing company;
- Advised an SHSE-listed company on its spin-off a subsidiary and listing of the subsidiary on the Hong Kong Bourse.
- Acted as outside legal counsel of several Chinese subsidiaries and joint ventures of multinational corporations, and advised them on legal matters related to real estate, data privacy, financing, internal investigations, etc.;
- Advised a good number of Chinese companies on their cross-border investment strategies and strategic goals from legal and business perspectives.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
Banking & Financial InstitutionsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Energy & Natural ResourcesExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Healthcare & Life SciencesExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Corporate Governance & ComplianceExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
Healthcare Transactions & RegulationsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations
- Lending Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity