Robert assists clients with successfully accessing U.S. capital markets and completing cross-border transactions.
Robert advises public and private companies across a range of industries on a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and U.S. offerings of equity and debt securities. Robert also assists clients with managing corporate governance matters and continuous disclosure obligations.
Prior to joining Dorsey's Toronto office, Robert practiced with a prominent U.S. law firm in New York and a leading Canadian law firm in Toronto.
Prior to joining Dorsey, Robert’s experience included the representation of:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. (NYSE: TEVA) in a $5 billion offer of sustainability-linked senior notes and a concurrent tender offer to purchase $4 billion of outstanding senior notes. This represents the largest-ever offering of sustainability-linked notes, and the first-ever by a generic medicines company.
- WeWork Inc. (NYSE: WE) in connection with a secondary offering of $550 million of senior notes from a selling noteholder affiliated with SoftBank.
- Clearlake Capital Group in a $400 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of Intertape Polymer Group, a manufacturer of paper and film based pressure-sensitive and water-activated tapes, stretch and shrink films, protective packaging, woven and non-woven products and packaging machinery for industrial and retail use.
- Covanta Holding Corporation in connection with a $300 million sustainability-linked senior notes offering issued as part of a leveraged buyout by EQT Partners, the first ever sustainability-linked LBO financing in the U.S.
- ADTRAN, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADTN) in connection with its business combination with ADVA Optical Networking SE.
- Victra Finance Corp., a portfolio company of Lone Star Funds, in its $85 million add-on senior secured high yield notes offering.
- A syndicate of underwriters in connection with the initial public offering of Vaxxinity (NASDAQ: VAXX).
- Bespoke Capital Acquisition Corp. on its acquisition of Vintage Wine Estates, Inc. (NASDAQ: VWE) with an enterprise value of $690 million and listing on Nasdaq.
- Danaher Corporation (NYSE: DHR) in connection with its acquisition of Precision NanoSystems Inc.
- goeasy Ltd. (TSX: GSY) in connection with its $320 million offering of senior unsecured notes.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Canada Cross-Border Transactions
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Mergers & Acquisitions