A PARTNER IN AND CO-CHAIR OF DORSEY'S HEALTHCARE TRANSACTIONS AND REGULATIONS PRACTICE GROUP, NEAL HELPS HEALTH INDUSTRY CLIENTS ACHIEVE THEIR STRATEGIC BUSINESS GOALS THROUGH MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS, JOINT VENTURES AND AFFILIATIONS.
He also regularly advises clients regarding compliance with laws specific to the health industry, such as state licensure requirements and corporate practice of medicine statutes and regulations. Neal's experience includes representing both payers and providers of healthcare, such as health insurers, HMOs, management services organizations, integrated delivery systems, accountable care organizations, hospitals, multi-specialty physician groups, pharmacies, nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Neal also serves on Dorsey’s Management Committee as Business Group Head, covering the Health Transactions and Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Groups.
Lead Health lawyer for:
- Specialty Benefits, LLC in its purchase of National MedTrans, LLC
- Collaborative Care Holdings, LLC in its acquisition of American Health Network, Inc.
- WellMed Network, Inc. in its purchases of Homecare Dimensions, Inc. and Homecare Dimensions of Florida, Inc.
- UnitedHealthcare in its acquisition of POMCO, a health insurance administrator
- ProHEALTH Medical Management, LLC in its purchase of Riverside Medical Management, LLC
- NAMM Medical Group Holdings, Inc. in its purchase of Inland Faculty Medical Group, Inc.
- Hosanna! Senior Living, LLC in its bond re-financing for a 93-unit senior housing facility in Lakeville, Minnesota
- North American Medical Management California, Inc. in its acquisition of Empire Physician Management Co., LLC
- Specialty Benefits, LLC in its acquisition of March Vision Care Incorporated
- Fairview Health Services in its acquisition of PreferredOne Administrative Services, Inc.
- Collaborative Care Holdings, LLC in its acquisition of ProHealth Physicians, Inc.
- Health Enterprises Medical Laboratory, LLC in its acquisition of laboratory equipment and supplies from Central Iowa Healthcare
- Ebenezer York Assisted Living, LLC in its bond re-financing for a 76-unit assisted living facility
- Target Corporation in the sale of its pharmacy assets to CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
- OptumHealth Care Solutions, Inc. in its acquisition of OrthoNet Holdings, Inc.
- Ebenezer Ridges Care Center in its bond financing for a new 24-bed Transitional Care Unit in Burnsville, Minnesota
- Collaborative Care Holdings, LLC in its acquisition of ProHEALTH Medical Management, LLC
- Collaborative Care Holdings, LLC in its acquisition of WESTMED Practice Partners LLC
- Health Enterprises Medical Laboratory, LLC in its acquisition of laboratory equipment and supplies from Skiff Medical Center
- United HealthCare Services, Inc. in its acquisition of the rights to renew certain commercial administrative services business and health insurance membership in the States of Georgia, Indiana and South Carolina
- GeneNews (USA), Inc. in its joint venture participation in Innovative Diagnostic Laboratory, LLP
- Ebenezer Society in its joint venture with Saint Therese of Deephaven Senior Living to finance the construction of a 79-unit assisted living facility in Deephaven, Minnesota
- Collaborative Care Holdings, LLC in its acquisition of NAMM Holdings, Inc.
- Capitol Neurology P.A. in the sale of its assets to and employment of its physicians by University of Minnesota Physicians
- OptumHealth Holdings, LLC in its affiliation with Monarch HealthCare, A Medical Group, Inc.
- Value First, Inc. in its private placement with LeadingAge (formerly AAHSA) and certain of LeadingAge's state affiliates
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Industries & Practices
- Closely Held Businesses
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Professional & Civic
- Member, American Health Law Association, 1993-present
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association, Health Law Section, 1996-present
- Member, Governing Council, 2002-2008
- Member, Advisory Board, Mitchell Hamline Health Law Institute, 2006-present
- Ambassador, Twin Cities Diversity In Practice, multiple years
- Member, Board of Directors, Children’s Surgery International, 2017-present
- Member, Executive Committee of Congregation Council, Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 2012-2016
- Co-Chair, Gift Committee of St. Olaf College 25th Reunion, 2014-2015
- Member, Board of Directors, Courage Kenny Foundation, 2011-2014