Emily is an Associate in the Intellectual Property Litigation group assisting clients with trademark, copyright, and patent litigation across cutting-edge industries, including social media, telecommunications, and consumer products.
During law school, Emily served as the Editor-in-Chief of Gonzaga Law Review, competed nationally on Gonzaga’s trademark moot court team, and won Gonzaga’s appellate advocacy and closing argument competitions. Emily also interned with the Washington State Office of the Attorney General in the antitrust and consumer protection divisions as the Janet D. Steiger Fellow, where she was a contributing author to the Washington chapter of the ABA State Consumer Protection Law treatise.
Education & Admissions
Gonzaga University School of Law (J.D., 2023), summa cum laude, CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for the highest grade in Property, Intellectual Property, Advanced Trademarks and Unfair Competition Law, Federal Jurisdiction, Environmental Law, and Comparative Women’s Rights.
Portland State University (B.A., Theatre Arts, 2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Stitch Editing Ltd. v. TikTok, Inc., U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. Assisted with defending TikTok against claims of trademark infringement relating to use of the term “Stitch” for a creation feature in the TikTok app.
- Verizon in patent infringement actions regarding network infrastructure and mobile devices.
- Pre-litigation enforcement of copyright and trademark rights.
Industries & Practices
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trademark & Copyright