Lizzy collaborates with colleagues, clients, and counterparties to amicably and successfully negotiate contracts and close deals. She enjoys helping clients build their business through commercialization and acquisition of intellectual property, securing key partnerships, and navigating strategic mergers and acquisitions. She has advised both buyers and sellers in a variety of asset and stock purchases, and regularly drafts distribution agreements, supply agreements, intellectual property licenses, academic engagements, NDA, and a variety of other commercial contracts.
Lizzy also enjoys working on pro bono engagements. She often provides counseling to underserved communities through legal clinics in the Denver area, and has supported Dorsey’s representation of victims of an attack by Turkish security personnel in Washington, D.C. Prior to moving to Denver, Lizzy was actively involved in efforts to assist travelers passing through O’Hare International Airport who were impacted by the Trump Administration’s 2017 travel ban, which targeted predominantly Muslim countries.
Education & Admissions
Loyola University Chicago (J.D., 2013),
- Member of the Annals of Health Law.
- Served as a Judicial Extern for the Hon. Samuel Der-Yeghiayan, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois.
Northwestern University (B.A., 2007), Honors in History
- Acted as outside counsel to a multinational engineering and electronics company in the sale of supplies and equipment throughout Europe and the United States.
- Drafted, reviewed, and negotiated a wide variety of national and international commercial agreements, including complex technology, SaaS, sale and purchasing contracts, manufacturing, logistics, terms and conditions, packaging, and a variety of merger/acquisition deal agreements.
- Sale of an ACDBE qualified concessionaire whose locations span airports throughout the United States.
- Acquisition of a Traverse City-based private airline service.
- Sale of an Illinois-based gaming company, subject to the Illinois Video Gaming Act, to a California-based private equity fund.
- Represented a London-headquartered public company in a combined stock and asset purchase of four corrugated packaging facilities in Virginia, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Counseled entrepreneurs through startup and growth processes; drafted independent contractor agreements, promissory notes between stakeholders and entities, operating agreements, and other baseline corporate documents necessary for the foundation of a strong business.
- Represented an Oregon-based manufacturer of audio and video equipment in a sale to a large family office.
- Served as U.S. counsel for a London-based company in connection with the sale of a division that manufactures and distributes aircraft equipment in the U.S. and in Europe.
- Represented individual buyer in the purchase of a tavern.
- Represented an Iowa-based consumer device company in the acquisition of a California-based specialty insurance company.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions