LIZZY COUNSELS CLIENTS ON LARGE SCALE ENERGY TRANSMISSION AND GENERATION PROJECTS, NEGOTIATES COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS, AND PROVIDES SUPPORT TO COMPANIES IN THE MIDST OF M&A TRANSACTIONS.
Lizzy collaborates with colleagues, clients, and counterparties to amicably and successfully negotiate contracts and close deals. In her energy practice, Lizzy represents both generators and offtakers in the negotiation and drafting of agreements related to the construction and transmission of energy, including PPAs for the purchase and sale of renewable energy credits. She enjoys helping clients build their business through commercialization and acquisition of intellectual property, securing key partnerships, and navigating strategic mergers and acquisitions. She has advised both buyers and sellers in a variety of asset and stock purchases, and regularly drafts distribution agreements, supply agreements, intellectual property licenses, NDA, and a variety of other commercial contracts.
Lizzy also enjoys working on pro bono engagements. She acts as outside general counsel to Just the Pill, a nonprofit dedicated to providing reproductive healthcare to underserved communities through mobile clinics. Lizzy advocates for Just the Pill within the Denver community and on a national level, working with her Dorsey colleagues as well as reproductive rights organizations and lawyers throughout the country.
Education & Admissions
Loyola University Chicago (J.D., 2013),
- Member of the Annals of Health Law.
- Served as a Judicial Extern for the Hon. Samuel Der-Yeghiayan, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois.
Northwestern University (B.A., 2007), Honors in History
- Offers counsel to companies of all sizes regarding strategic commercial and IP agreements.
- Regularly handles all aspect of structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of national and international commercial agreements, including complex technology, SaaS, sale and purchasing contracts.
- Counsel to large technology companies requiring national and international commercial and academic agreements, including sponsored research and licensing agreements.
- Represents Midwestern Utility in highly customized multi-party deal connecting a wind farm through the Utility’s transmission lines to a state of the art biomass fuel plant.
- Represents Fortune 5 company in negotiation of virtual power purchase agreement.
- Represents Native American tribe in a joint venture with European conglomerate with regards to a solar plant joint venture.
- Outside counsel to a UK private equity-backed company, closing numerous buy-side M&A acquisitions in the US over three years. Responsible for main deal documents and managing team of junior associates and specialists.
- Drafting and negotiating a transition services agreement involving the separation of source code to generate two stand-alone SaaS products, including several complex related license agreements.
- Drafting license agreement for founder of technology company to monetize invention through license of intellectual property to start-up company.
- Collaborate with credit card manufacturing company licensor with novel manufacturing patents and know-how.
- Draft distribution agreement for sports streaming service client to broadcast sporting events on in-flight wifi
- Guide inventors in agreement with local university to develop patented clinical test within the academic setting.
- Counsel early-stage companies in their ongoing contract needs regarding data, distribution arrangements, non-competition covenants, heavy equipment purchasing contracts and the like.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Emerging Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions