Education & Admissions
Loyola University Chicago (J.D., 2013), During law school, Lizzy was a member of the Annals of Health Law. She also served as a Judicial Extern for the Hon. Samuel Der-Yeghiayan, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois.
Northwestern University (B.A., 2007), Honors in History
- Acted as outside counsel to a multinational engineering and electronics company, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts relating to the sale of supplies and equipment throughout Europe and the United States.
- Drafted, reviewed, and negotiated a wide variety of national and international commercial agreements to meet business and legal needs, including complex technology, SaaS, sale and purchasing contacts, manufacturing, logistics, terms and conditions, packaging, and a variety of merger/acquisition deal agreements.
- Sale of an ACDBE qualified concessionaire whose locations span airports throughout the United States.
- Acquisition of a Traverse City-based private airline service.
- Sale of an Illinois-based gaming company subject to the Illinois Video Gaming Act to a California-based private equity fund.
- Represented a London-headquartered public company in a combined stock and asset purchase of four corrugated packaging facilities in Virginia, North Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Counseled entrepreneurs through startup and growth processes; drafted independent contractor agreements, promissory notes between stakeholders and entities, operating agreements, and other baseline corporate documents necessary for the foundation of a strong business.
- Represented an Oregon-based manufacturer of audio and video equipment in a sale to a large family office.
- Served as U.S. counsel for a London-based company in connection with the sale of a division that manufactures and distributes aircraft equipment in the U.S. and in Europe.
- Represented individual buyer in the purchase of a tavern.
- Represented an Iowa-based consumer device company in the acquisition of a California-based specialty insurance company.
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Emerging Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions