Lizzy also enjoys working on pro bono engagements. She acts as outside general counsel to Just the Pill, a nonprofit dedicated to providing reproductive healthcare to underserved communities through mobile clinics. Lizzy advocates for Just the Pill within the Denver community and on a national level, working with her Dorsey colleagues as well as reproductive rights organizations and lawyers throughout the country.
Education & Admissions
Loyola University Chicago (J.D., 2013),
- Member of the Annals of Health Law.
- Served as a Judicial Extern for the Hon. Samuel Der-Yeghiayan, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois.
Northwestern University (B.A., 2007), Honors in History
- Offers counsel to companies of all sizes regarding strategic commercial and IP agreements.
- Regularly handles all aspect of structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of national and international commercial agreements, including complex technology, SaaS, sale and purchasing contracts.
- Counsel to large technology companies requiring national and international commercial and academic agreements, including sponsored research and licensing agreements.
- Outside counsel to a UK private equity-backed company, closing numerous buy-side M&A acquisitions in the US over three years. Responsible for main deal documents and managing team of junior associates and specialists.
- Drafting and negotiating a transition services agreement involving the separation of source code to generate two stand-alone SaaS products, including several complex related license agreements.
- Drafting license agreement for founder of technology company to monetize invention through license of intellectual property to start-up company.
- Collaborate with credit card manufacturing company licensor with novel manufacturing patents and know-how.
- Draft distribution agreement for sports streaming service client to broadcast sporting events on in-flight wifi
- Guide inventors in agreement with local university to develop patented clinical test within the academic setting.
- Counsel early-stage companies in their ongoing contract needs regarding data, distribution arrangements, non-competition covenants, heavy equipment purchasing contracts and the like.
News & Resources
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Emerging Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions