Lizzy collaborates with colleagues, clients, and counterparties to amicably and successfully negotiate contracts and close deals. She enjoys helping clients build their business through commercialization and acquisition of intellectual property, securing key partnerships, and navigating strategic mergers and acquisitions. She has advised both buyers and sellers in a variety of asset and stock purchases, and regularly drafts distribution agreements, supply agreements, intellectual property licenses, academic engagements, NDA, and a variety of other commercial contracts.
Lizzy also enjoys working on pro bono engagements. She often provides counseling to underserved communities through legal clinics in the Denver area, and has supported Dorsey’s representation of victims of an attack by Turkish security personnel in Washington, D.C. Prior to moving to Denver, Lizzy was actively involved in efforts to assist travelers passing through O’Hare International Airport who were impacted by the Trump Administration’s 2017 travel ban, which targeted predominantly Muslim countries.
Education & Admissions
Loyola University Chicago (J.D., 2013),
- Member of the Annals of Health Law.
- Served as a Judicial Extern for the Hon. Samuel Der-Yeghiayan, United States District Court, Northern District of Illinois.
Northwestern University (B.A., 2007), Honors in History
- Offers counsel to companies of all sizes regarding strategic commercial and IP agreements.
- Regularly handles all aspect of structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide variety of national and international commercial agreements, including complex technology, SaaS, sale and purchasing contracts.
- Counsel to large technology companies requiring national and international commercial and academic agreements, including sponsored research and licensing agreements.
- Outside counsel to a UK private equity backed company, closing a dozen buy-side M&A acquisitions in the US over two years. Responsible for main deal documents and managing team of junior associates and specialists.
- Drafting and negotiation of a transition services agreement involving the separation of source code to generate two stand-alone SaaS products; includes drafting several related license agreements.
- Drafting license agreement for founder of technology company to monetize invention through license of intellectual property to start-up company.
- Collaborate with credit card manufacturing company licensor with novel manufacturing patents and know-how.
- Negotiate SaaS agreement for municipality licensing back-office broadband internet software.
- Guide inventors in agreement with local university to develop patented clinical test within the academic setting.
- Counsel early-stage companies in their ongoing contract needs regarding data, distribution arrangements, non-competition covenants, and the like.
News & Resources
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Closely Held Businesses
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Cybersecurity, Privacy & Social Media
- Emerging Companies
- Mergers & Acquisitions