ROBERT HELPS COMPANIES SOLVE THEIR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ISSUES.
Robert focuses on patent litigation, patent opinion work, licensing, and advising on IP matters such as open source software licensing. He has experience in working with a range of technologies, including small molecules, chemical compositions and manufacturing processes, consumer electronics, video games, social networking, and mechanical inventions. Robert holds an M.S. in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering from the University of Washington.
Before joining Dorsey, Robert spent over eight years with University of Washington CoMotion, the university’s tech transfer office, in the office’s IP Management group.
In addition, Robert guest lectures on IP law and policy to classes at the University of Washington and other local groups.
Robert speaks Japanese.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- “Copyright and Open Source Licensing,” University of Washington Global Innovation Exchange, Seattle, WA July 5, 2018
- “Design Patent Basics,” Litigation Strategies for the Protection of IP, UW School of Law, Seattle, WA, May 2, 2018
- “Pharma Patent Basics,” Pharmaceutics II, University of Washington, August 10, 2017
- “Intellectual Property Law and Policy Basics,” Technology Policy, UW Evans School of Public Affairs, Seattle, WA, April 19, 2017
- “Patent Prosecution Practice in Japan,” Japan Patent Attorneys Association and Washington State Patent Law Association, Seattle, WA, February 7, 2017
- “IP and Entrepreneurship,” University of California San Diego Global Innovation Training Workshop, San Diego, CA, January 13, 2017
- “Intellectual Property Overview,” Entrepreneurial Law Clinic, UW School of Law, Seattle, WA, October 14, 2016
- “Design Patent Basics,” IP Seminar, Dorsey & Whitney, Seattle, WA, January 13, 2016
- “Intellectual Property Law and Policy Basics,” Technology Policy, UW Evans School of Public Affairs, Seattle, WA, November 12, 2015
- “Intellectual Property Q&A,” UW CoMotion Entrepreneurial Law Clinic Series, Seattle, WA , April 3, 2015
- “Patent 101,” UW CoMotion Entrepreneurial Law Clinic Series, Seattle, WA, March 6, 2015
Industries & Practices
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management
- Technology Commerce
- Trademark, Copyright, Advertising & Brand Management