Emily E. Larsen Scaglia
LegalMine Services Managerlarsen.email@example.com
EMILY LARSEN SCAGLIA IS THE DAILY OPERATIONS MANAGER FOR LEGALMINE, DORSEY & WHITNEY’S MANAGED REVIEW CENTER.
Emily has managed LegalMine for over seven years, overseeing a variety of projects, including: litigation matters, M&A transactions, due diligence, internal investigations, witness kit preparations, privilege log drafting, regulatory reviews, foreign language reviews and redactions.
Emily is knowledgeable in Ringtail, LegalMine’s preferred document review platform.
- National Banking Corporation: LegalMine gathered resumes of contract attorneys and paralegals with bankruptcy experience, and coordinated an interview process where the client met with the candidates and discussed the project requirements. As a result of the interview process, the client selected 17 contract attorneys and paralegals to assist with default mortgage file management and organization. The LegalMine staff worked at the client’s site, using their proprietary software to organize files for outside counsel. Emily continued to manage the project, often staying at the client’s site for 20 hours a week. The project was so successful that LegalMine remained involved for nearly eight months – long past the original estimate of six weeks.
- Regional Energy Company: The energy company entered into an agreement to acquire hydroelectric generation assets. The agreement required an advanced approval filing with the local commission. Emily brought in 50 contract attorneys to review documents to produce for the filing. In addition to reviewing documents for production, LegalMine also assisted with specific confidential reviews and created the first draft of the privilege log.
- Agribusiness Company: Our client developed a technology trait to combat crop damage created by pests. Defendant, a grain elevator operator, adopted a policy to not accept crops with our client’s technology traits, and our client brought suit for several claims, including false advertising regarding our client’s technology trait. Emily brought in twelve contract attorneys to review 132,000 documents in less than two months.
- Health Care Company LegalMine has helped our client, a national health care company, with due diligence reviews for seven Mergers & Acquisition deals. Emily hires teams of contract attorneys with due diligence experience and works with the legal team and client to gain access to the data rooms. LegalMine has reviewed IT contracts prior to a merger, sifted through health care summaries for pertinent language, and reviewed contracts for notice addresses. LegalMine gathers the information and inputs it into the template format the client prefers.
- International Construction Firm Our client was one of four parties involved in complex construction litigation. In addition to over 1 million documents from our client, we received nearly 2.5 million documents for the opposing parties. LegalMine utilized Ringtail Analytics to prioritize and cull the documents, untimely reducing the review population for the documents produced to us by 50%. Our LegalMine team consisted of over 50 people, many of whom worked on this matter for several years. After conclusion of the first pass review, LegalMine helped to create witness kits, check citations in a 700 page brief and used the analytics tools to assist with a key document review.
Industries & Practices
LegalMine Document Review SolutionsExplore This Practice View client achievements related to this practice View resources related to this practice
- Electronic Discovery
- LegalMine Document Review Solutions