Anthony develops a deep knowledge of each client’s business and technical priorities to create strategies for developing strong patent portfolios. He drafts and prosecutes patent applications for various technologies, including software, machine learning, and telecommunications. And Anthony analyzes large patent portfolios to understand clients’ strategic advantages and defensive risks.Anthony also advises and represents tribal governments in relation to litigation and transactional matters, including matters related to economic development, natural resources, and tribal sovereignty. Anthony is an enrolled member of the Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribe.
Education & Admissions
Washington University School of Law - St. Louis (2011)
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (B.S., Engineering, 2008)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Tulalip Tribes
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- Secured patent protection for startup company’s technology related to expense management.
- Developed patent portfolio for a large telecommunications company with technologies related to networks, mobile applications, mobile devices, and machine learning.
- Analyzed patent portfolios for large technology company in relation to offensive strategies, defensive risk, and potential acquisition.
- Defended dismissal of quiet title action against a tribal government in an appeal to the Ninth Circuit.
- Drafted comprehensive tribal code provisions, including in the areas of court procedures, family law, and natural resources.
Industries & Practices
- Indian & Alaska Native
- Intellectual Property
- Patent Prosecution, Portfolio Strategy & Management