Connor’s practice focuses on patent and trademark litigation and strategic counseling in a range of intellectual property matters. He has assisted in federal district court litigation and in administrative proceedings at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), the Trademark Trial and Appel Board (TTAB), and the International Trade Commission (ITC). Connor has also drafted and prosecuted patents applications.
Connor’s experience spans a broad range of technologies, including medical devices, autonomous automobiles, neural networks and machine learning, image processing, clothing and fashion, and financial services. Connor is a regular contributor to Dorsey’s critically acclaimed IP Blog, TheTMCA.com, which focuses on legal developments in the world of Trademarks, Copyrights, and Advertising.
- Assisted in representation of defendant in patent infringement suit related to touch screen technology in the Eastern District of Texas.*
- Assisted in representation of patentee in an Inter Partes Review of surgical robotics patents at the PTAB.*
- Prepared patent applications and managed patent prosecution in technologies including:
- Image processing systems for digital health systems and retail management systems.*
- Neural networks and machine learning for financial services and data security.*
- Electrical devices, systems, and data processing methods for autonomous vehicles.*
* Denotes experience completed before joining Dorsey. (i.e., everything listed here).
News & Resources
- Taking Patent Rights: Sovereign Immunity & the Fourteenth Amendment in Patent Validity & Inventorship Challenges, Journal of the Patent and Trademark Society (2019)
- Permission Impossible: An Exception-Based Legislative Solution for Digitizing Copyright-Protected Works, Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property (2018)
- Virtually Equivalent: Applying the Doctrine of Equivalents to Patented Inventions Depicted in Virtual Reality, American Intellectual Property Law Association Quarterly Journal (2018)
Industries & Practices
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Trademark, Copyright, Advertising & Brand Management