Darla serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, borrower’s counsel and bank counsel on a broad range of private activity and governmental financing transactions, including for single family and multifamily housing, hospitals and other 501(c)(3) entities, manufacturing facilities, colleges and universities.
She assists clients with respect to all aspects of tax-exempt financings, including representing governmental issuers, underwriters, borrowers and lenders, and also acts as bond counsel for such financings throughout the Midwest and in Alaska.
Darla also has extensive experience in representing healthcare providers in corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, operating leases, operations transfers, joint ventures, management arrangements and other affiliations and partnerships in and between healthcare companies. Darla assists clients with negotiating the appropriate agreements and working to achieve the closing of such transactions.
- Serves as issuer counsel for the Iowa Finance Authority, the housing authority and state issuer of conduit bond issues in Iowa.
- Served as underwriter counsel with respect to an approximately $18,270,000 tax-exempt bond issue for a specialty facility serving developmentally disabled children.
- Served as counsel to the borrower with respect to a $20,745,000 tax-exempt financing for a university.
- Assisted as bond and served as issuer counsel for $1,184,660,000 tax-exempt disaster bonds financing for the construction of a fertilizer plant.
- Served as disclosure and borrower counsel for a $10,905,000 tax-exempt hospital refinancing.
- Assisted as disclosure counsel with respect to the $51,275,000 tax-exempt financing for a hospital foundation in Alaska.
- Assisted with various single family and multifamily housing tax-exempt bond issues.
- Assisted with representation of a hospital in the sale of the hospital to a large hospital system.
- Represented large and small long-term care companies in the acquisition, sale or lease of numerous facilities in Iowa, Ohio, Wisconsin and Oklahoma.
News & Resources
Events & Speaking Engagements
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Development & Infrastructure
- Energy & Natural Resources
- Food, Beverage & Agribusiness
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Healthcare Transactions & Regulations
- Project Development & Finance
- Public Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships