Abby is an associate in Finance and Restructuring group.
Abby represents multinational companies, financial institutions, agent banks, and institutional investors in general corporate financing, cross border financing, and acquisition financing transactions. Her experience also includes OTC derivatives and finance-linked ISDA negotiation. A native Mandarin speaker, Abby has 10+ years of experience working with leading international companies on various legal compliance issues. Her work experience includes 5+ years as a Regulatory Analyst and Associate at a major Wall Street-based law firm, in the firm’s New York and Beijing offices. She also has experience in the Hong Kong office of a U.K. Magic Circle law firm and the Hong Kong office of a Paris-based investment bank. While in law school, she also served as a law clerk at a well-known U.S. retail company based in Minneapolis.
- Represented lenders in a club term loan facility to support a Singapore SPV to acquire shares in a Russian oil company;
- Represented a Chinese asset management company in a bridge loan facility to support borrower’s acquisition of certain interest in an oil field in Abu Dhabi;
- Represented a French bank in a revolving loan facility provided to a Malaysian telecom company for its on-lending to its Chinese subsidiaries for the leasing and operation of telecom towers;
- Represented a syndicate of lenders in an acquisition finance to borrower’s acquisition of shares in a Brazilian infrastructure company;
- Represented a private fund in a term loan facility to offshore affiliates of a Chinese real estate company to refinance existing offshore debts with security provided by the onshore entity;
- Represented sponsor in a project finance to a Pakistani project company for a hydropower project in Pakistan with Sinosure cover;
- Represented a Chinese bank acting through its New York branch in a term loan to support an European acquisition in the insurance industry;
- Represented a Chinese bank acting through its New York branch as the Letter of Credit Bank in support of certain construction project in the U.S.; and
- Represented a Chinese bank acting through its New York branch in a term loan facility to support privatization transaction.
News & Resources
October 21, 2020
October 14, 2020
October 9, 2020
October 7, 2020
Industries & Practices
- Banking & Financial Institutions
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring