COURTNEY HELPS CLIENTS FINANCE NECESSARY PUBLIC INFRASTRUCTURE AND UNDERTAKE TRANSFORMATIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS.
As a senior attorney in the public finance group, Courtney represents issuers, underwriters and nonprofit borrowers in a variety of tax-exempt and taxable transactions, including general obligation and revenue bond financings, tax increment financings, certificates of participation and related lease-purchase financings, special assessment financings, conduit financings, and anticipation notes. She regularly advises clients with respect to tax, securities and municipal law matters.
- Bond counsel to the State of Montana, including in connection with its $9,340,000 General Obligation Long-Range Building Program Refunding Bonds, Series 2015A, $24,365,000 General Obligation Bonds (Water Pollution Control State Revolving Fund Program), Series 2015C and $22,540,000 Department of Transportation Grant Anticipation Refunding Notes (GARVEES), Series 2016.
- Bond counsel to Missoula County, Montana in connection with its $36,255,000 General Obligation Bonds, Series 2016 and $2,750,000 Open Space General Obligation Bonds, Series 2016A.
- Bond counsel to the City of Whitefish, Montana, in connection with its $9,800,000 Tax Increment Urban Renewal Revenue Bonds, Series 2016.
- Bond counsel to the City of Billings, Montana, in connection with its $4,935,000 Tax Increment Urban Renewal Revenue Bonds, Series 2016.
- Bond counsel to the City-County of Butte-Silver Bow, Montana, in connection with its $8,080,000 Tax Increment Urban Renewal Revenue Bond, Series 2016.
- Bond counsel to Missoula County School District No. 1 and High School District No. 1, Montana, in connection with their issuances of $51,640,000 and $22,785,000, respectively, in General Obligation School Building Bonds, Series 2016.
- Bond counsel to the Montana Facility Finance Authority in connection with its Health Facilities Revenue Bonds, including Bozeman Deaconess Hospital $30,000,000 Series 2015 (Taxable and Tax-Exempt) and $21,770,000 Series 2014A; and Kalispell Regional Medical Center $17,000,000 Series 2014.
- Bond counsel to Montana State University in connection with its Facilities Improvement Revenue Bonds, including $55,480,000 Series A 2013 and $10,000,000 Series B 2014.
- Counsel to various Montana issuers with respect to the SEC’s Municipal Continuing Disclosure Cooperation Initiative.
News & Resources
News & Press Mentions
- "Nuts and Bolts of Water and Sewer Financing," Montana Rural Water Conference, February 2015
- "Nuts and Bolts of Water and Sewer Financing," Montana Rural Water Conference, February 2014
Industries & Practices
- Development & Infrastructure
- Public Finance
- Public-Private Partnerships