Nick helps clients successfully navigate and resolve complex litigation.
Nick is an associate in Dorsey’s Trial Group. His practice covers all phases of litigation, including factual and legal research, e-discovery issues, motion practice, and deposition and trial preparation.
Before joining Dorsey, Nick clerked for a federal judge, worked in the Wisconsin Governor’s Office of Legal Counsel, and served as a judicial intern at the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Education & Admissions
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D., 2015), summa cum laude; Graduated first in class; Wisconsin Law Review; Order of the Coif
University of Wisconsin - Madison (B.A., 2012), with distinction
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, Honorable James B. Loken, 2015-2016
- Representing Wells Fargo against class action alleging ERISA violations in the management of $35 billion 401(k) plan. Obtained complete dismissal of claims. Meiners v. Wells Fargo & Co., No. 16-3981, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 80606 (D. Minn. May 25, 2017).
- Representing pharmacy benefit manger against multiple class actions alleging ERISA fiduciary breaches and prohibited transactions.
- Representing Mayo Clinic and other health care providers against allegations of medical malpractice.
- Authored successful opposition to plaintiff’s motion to seek punitive damages in wrongful-death lawsuit. Hanson v. Best, et al., 15-cv-4578 (D. Minn. Nov. 29, 2016).
- Insight Equity, A.P. X, LP v. Transitions Optical, Inc. (D. Del.): Representing lens manufacturer asserting antitrust claims.
News & Resources
- Contributing Author, ABA Section of Labor and Employment Law, Employee Benefits Committee, Employee Benefits Law, 2nd Ed. (Jane Kheel Stanley Ed. in Chief) Supplement
- Judicial Capacity and Executive Power, 102 Va. L. Rev. 765 (2016) (co-author, with Andrew Coan).
- Policing Executive Power, Daily Journal (2014).
- Comment, Pushing the Reset Button on Wisconsin’s Governmental Immunity Doctrine, 2014 Wis. L. Rev. 801 (2014).
Industries & Practices
- Commercial Litigation
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Investigations
- Health Litigation